Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Harley-Davidson News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/)
-   -   Motorcycles involved in a flood (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/4021-motorcycles-involved-flood.html)

Holy_Kaw 10-25-2006 11:40 AM

Re: Trade you straight across...

That's a bummer. I'm thinking fluke, it would get out if a "modern" street bike needed a rebuild after 5k miles regularly. Recently checked the valve clearances on the REX again, second time, still no need for adjustment after 32k miles. Best of luck.

mscuddy 10-25-2006 12:05 PM

Get this, I called Calif. HD this morning, to see what happened to the motor. Spoke with some bozo in service, the conversation went like this:

Me: Did you guys find out what was wrong with the top end yet?

Bozo: No, we have to order parts.

Me: Why are you ordering parts, when you haven't even taken it apart yet?!

Bozo: zzzzzzzzz duh, i dunno...

Not a good conversation. This is obviously Karma, pay-back for something I did in a past life.

mscuddy 10-25-2006 12:06 PM

Can you say ZX12? Sure you can....

Buzglyd 10-25-2006 12:55 PM

Fruity

Buy a couple of sacks of lemons and go park it on a busy street with a big sign on it.

You also may want to contact an attorney who is familiar with CA's Lemon Law.

Time to play hardball.

mscuddy 10-25-2006 01:14 PM

Re: Fruity

I'm trying to get the sales department to buy it back on a trade in for a new olive-drab Heritage. Out of the fat, and into the fire.

Where'd I put my fringed arm-chaps?

Buzglyd 10-25-2006 01:28 PM

Re: Fruity

I think an olive Heritage would require something less frilly than fringe.

Maybe some hand-hammered tin arm chaps.

ksquid 10-25-2006 03:19 PM

Good move, you are not the only one trading in a Buell

Hang in there. I was looking at used bikes the other day on the local cycle web site. There are alot of bikes 1-2 years old with low mileage. Guy gets a ticket, then can't afford the insurance hike. I used to think I would only buy a new bike but there are some good buys out there. Maybe you can trade in your Buell on a low mileage Japanese bike.. I saw a pretty new used Buell Lightning fpr sale at Hinshaws Honda in Auburn WA. So other people are trading them in. i.e. you are not the only one.

Until Buell puts in a motor in like the air/water cooled Ducatis or water cooled SV 650s and 1000s I am not going to go near them..

priday 10-25-2006 05:40 PM

Exception vs. Rule

Man, there are a whole lot of us out here beating the crap out of our Lightnings, etc., on a daily basis, and not a blip. (knock on wood)

I'm getting about 2500 miles per back tire from the flogging I'm putting the old girl thru on a daily basis. I commute on it and have the good fortune to have a route to work that is not frequented by the local LEO's. Further, I weigh just north of 250 lbs., and flinging it around I am surely subjecting it to stresses that are not beyond, but are stretching the envelope. (When I rolled up to work the day I got it, my boss said "Hmmmm. Not what I pictured. I thought you would go with a Fat Boy for the fat boy......)

Anyway, surviving very through use (just shy of abuse) on a daily basis, and runs just like the day I picked it up.

Gas, Oil, and Tires.

Buzglyd 10-25-2006 06:25 PM

Re: Exception vs. Rule

Now come on. You're real world experience cannot possibly be more valuable than doofus boy's anecedotal evidence.

You see if I can find one ZX6r for sale in a bike shop, that means it's a totally unreliable flop.

longride 10-26-2006 02:49 AM

Man that sucks. I think me and Bozo would have a face to face on that one. Must be that Cali laid-back attitude working against ya.