Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 08-02-2006, 02:46 PM   #41
XB12R
Founding Member

Default Re: Getting New Riders High on the Hog.

Its supply and demand - if there was a guy who made himself known to be available that could do the same job for less then they'd hire him.

They don't pay those guys that kind of dough for kicks. They do it because thats the less than the value they bring to the bottom line.

I do like the line about how they don't give the money back if they fail, but heck, I've been fired a time or two and I can't imagine if they had said, "Now give us our money back!"

XB12R is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #42
eojmo
Founding Member

If big bad rebel guys like Arny in Terminator, or other legendary Hollywood movie stars had ridden 250cc Hondas instead of Harleys, would there be as many accountants, lawyers and baby boomers riding Harley’s tody. Or, would we see these bandana wearing ‘’rebels" riding customised Honda twins?

Now thatÂ’s food for thought.

eojmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #43
DC_Dave
Founding Member

Default Re: Getting New Riders Deep into Debt

That $20k Harley will only cost you $4000 in interest if you pay it off in 4 years. Of course, the depreciation will cost you another $8000, but don't worry, the Federal Reserve will print more. Higher interest rates are just going to hit Harley values that much harder.

Oh, and please pay no attention to the fact that you had to earn $40,000 to pay that $24,000 after taxes (income, SS & MC, state, and sales).
Old 08-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #44
Gritboy
Founding Member

Default Re: Brand loyalty over great bikes

I understand why companies have to "promote" their brand exclusively to make sales, but I'm always at a loss when individual riders are such staunch fanatics about one brand or another -- often without any real experience about the other brands they're bashing. There are just too many great bikes -- American, Italian, Japanese, British, etc. -- for me to only ride and promote one. I hope HD is around for long time to come, but with all the other great makers out there, drawing in new blood will be tough.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:29 PM   #45
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Getting New Riders Deep into Debt

W well cut taxes again... so the economy will keep burning till he leaves office... Don't forget about the fools with the adjustable rate mortgages...

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #46
gas_pig
Founding Member

Hey, it rains a lot here in Seattle. Everyone rides around in Gortex of some sort 2/3rds of the year (or is wet).
Old 08-02-2006, 11:05 PM   #47
gas_pig
Founding Member

Default Re: Brand loyalty over great bikes

How 'bout new 'old blood'? No, really.

When I get old, slow, and not so flexible I plan on getting a Road King. I like the lines, and by then I'll have more time for touring in recliner-like comfort.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:54 AM   #48
eekadog
Founding Member

now the question is...will buell go rotax...
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:34 AM   #49
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Only 2 cruisers to outrun the V-Rod, the original hotrod (V-Max), and the of the Rocket III. Once we start the mod process it's all over. The V-Max with unlimited hop ups (due to over 20 years production) both power and handling will leave the rest in the rubber trail. Long live V-boost!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:50 AM   #50
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

First, the V-Max mods are fairly limited. I'm not sure that there is more than one big bore kit or choices of cams. Not many Maxes out there with over 120 horsepower. The V-Rod already has about 5 stages of modifications available, along with at least 2 manufacturers of turbos, which will get you about 170 to 220 horsepower. Second, the V-Max handles like shyt. Period. Bad suspension, bad geometry, and flexi-flyer frame make each corner an adventure. Don't chase a V-Rod around a corner unless you want to look bad. The Max needs an update. It looks and feels like 1985 every time you ride it. I owned one.