Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 07-20-2006, 04:39 AM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Q2 Results

Don't forget all those low-mileage used ones sitting around that are going to crush the resale market.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2006, 04:44 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: HHMmmmmmmmm.... I smell conspiracy....

Fortunately the conspiracy was narrowly averted when the govt stepped in and stopped the robber baron Walmart's nefarious plans to continue to grow by forcing everyone to shop there.

And here I thought that Walmart got big because people willingly shopped there.

(eyes rolling)
Old 07-20-2006, 04:48 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

I noticed absolutely no sportbikes out of the 20 or so bikes I saw commuting yesterday. About 5 of those were HD's. The rest were naked standards and metric cruisers. It's amazing how many old garage queens have been resurrected in the last few weeks around here.

I know this has been said before but it bears repeating, "Has there ever been anyone more full of shyt than broomhandle boy?"
Old 07-20-2006, 05:06 AM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well WalMart was running those subliminal ads on TV and people just marched into the store with their eyes all glazed over.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:09 AM   #15
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Logically speaking, it is impossible for the good times to continue forever. KPaul may be wrong about the date, but there *will* be a downtown for Harley in the future, the question is simply when.

My guess is about when the internal combustion engine starts to see real competition. Seeing as a new company just introduced a two-seater electric roadster that will do 0-60 in 4s and go over 200 miles on a charge, methinks that day is closer rather than further away.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:09 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Really? And here I thought that all those people marching in lockstep with glazed eyes were Democrats!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:27 AM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Ok I'll bite.

A two seat electric roadster is going to eat into H-D Sales? It seems to me a really fast vehicle that will only go 200 miles has a better chance of hurting the sportbike market.

Personally, I like the internal combustion engine in its various forms. An electric vehicle may be practical someday but certainly not sexy.

Seriously, you work for the government, don't you?
Old 07-20-2006, 05:41 AM   #18
bbtowns
Founding Member

Hmmmm. Number one growth segment, interest charged to riders of Harley Davidsons (10.3% vs. bike sales at 10.0%). Thank-you Harley buyers.

Pretty good results, but just can't bring myself to buy any stock. I keep thinking they're just going to run out of customers. Hasn't happened yet.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:52 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Ok I'll bite.

Electric vehicle. Hours to charge. Costs over twice as much in electric costs than using gasoline. Power plants burn more fossil fuels generating the charging current than would be burned in a comparably performing gasoline engine. That's right. EVs require more fossil fuels, not less, than comparable gasoline engines. The difference is even worse when compared to diesels.

Going to EVs would make us even more dependent on fossil fuels than we are now. You don't even cut down on smog emissions... you just move them elsewhere. They are a stupid idea so naturally govt bureaucrats and kicked-in-the-head wackos love them.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:56 AM   #20
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Ok I'll bite.

We had an article in the local fishwrap here about people moaning about GM sending all the EV1s to the crusher.

A whopping 800 "environmentalists" stepped up the plate and leased one when they were available.