Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 04-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #51
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: FILE THIS UNDER

"The per-capita debt figure for Canada is $15,000. Half the US, but hardly something to be proud of. And I'd wager you'll have as difficult a time with that figure as we'll have with ours."

I deserve that. A couple of years ago the government talked about paying off the debt and I thought it had. My bad. All the same, the books are balanced and there is a surplus coming in, which is a far cry from the big deficits the US is seeing. Wars are expensive, so that deficit situation isn't going the change any time soon.

I don't know if we'll have the same issue with paying it down. We have more resources than our population could use in 300 years and a gluttonous neighbour to the south that wants them. I have a sneaking suspicion we'll have a steady income for quite some time.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #52
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Inventions

I do not deny inventions were made outside the USA, especially since the US has only been around 200 years. Fact is, no single group of people have generated so many new things in such a short time as has been done inside the borders of the US the past 200 years Â… not even close.

Take any country and stack up their contributions to inventions. It will not even be 10 percent of what has been done in the last 200 years by the US.

Also note that jack has been invented in Canada. You know why? Because Canada is a nanny state where citizens want the state to take care of them. Pathetic Â…

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #53
bigdx
Founding Member

"We have it, you don't".

The US does not have oil? The US does not have lumber? The US does not have natural gas reserves? The US does not have coal? The US does not have steel?

Dude, did you make a mistake posting that or are you just incredibly ignorant? Wow, did you not attend school or what?

"Asking the man who owns the house how much he needs the one who wants to rent it."

I recognize the words as English, but I sure do not know what you are trying to say. I guess you are non to bright eh?

Old 04-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #54
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

"Yep, not a country that encourages entrepreneurship, eh?"

Our entrepeneurial rate is actually quite high, because our *small business* tax rates are not bad at all. Personal taxes are high, but there is also a high return on the dollar, too. Canadians spend about half as much as the typical US citizen on health care, for example, for roughly similar care. Besides, debt care is part of what you pay taxes for and if your debt level isn't getting serviced, then those low US personal taxes won't stay low forever.

"LetÂ’s look at some other numbers. Per Capita Income of a Canadian : $ 31,500. Per Capita Income of an American : $ 40,100 USA."

Per capita income means diddly unless you also quote the cost of living. I'm not paying US house prices, US gas prices or US food prices.

"If we didnÂ’t buy those from you, your little commie government wouldnÂ’t be able to keep you parasites alive."

Who has the power, the people who have the resources or the people who want them? OPEC hints that it can't meet supply and gas prices spike within a week in the US, instantly causing panic. Canada has more oil in just one province (Alberta) than all of Saudia Arabia. I think we'll do fine without US petrodollars. We'll just sell to China.

m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #55
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default For yeo

Yo yeo: you can't debate a rightwing ****head like pencildx: by definition, they are treasonous, lying bastards either incapable of following logic or actually evil enough to subvert logic with absolutely no conscience. To men, and I use that term loosely, like tiny here, all you can do is sink to their level. Let me give you an example:

Hey you steaming pile of mansex spooge! Anyone who still believes in all of that ra ra righwing america crap is not only an idiot but increasingly lonely - what is it, about 36% now? As soon as we deal with election fraud, the only reason you scumbags have been allowed in power, you will never get another sniff of it again in your short, miserable life. Pretty soon you'll claim you "always voted Democratic, really" in desperation as you try to get laid maybe just once, since women are coming to their political senses much faster than American males. I mean, you'll still have your hillbilly *****s, with their "git offa me paw, you're crushing my smokes!" as they lose their virginity, but I suspect sippy straw here isn't quite macho enough for them.

I could go on, but you see what I mean. Nobody, but nobody, in America respects anonymous dirthead morons like little pinky finger. The repukes just court them with blustery war talk, and homophobia, but even that's just a front so the repuke pols can steal more tax dollars from the treasury. That's the real beauty of what bush and co have done: all they have to do is fake a terrorist attack, act stupid and strut around like some 5th graders version of macho, and numbnuts like chicken leg dx happily vote for the lying thieves, only to have their taxes funneled to oil and defense corporations instead of things that might actually drag their braindead asses out of poverty, like education and infrastructure. Then they call Democrats the tax and spend party! It's really too rich for words.

I don't know why the hell I bother: I'm incredibly wealthy, so even though I have a brain, a heart, and a conscience, all the tax crap the repukes are pulling helps me, and hurts pathetic little losers like teenyweenydx. Ha ha, I suppose I should be saying.

Night night, yeo. His kind are vocal, but they are not at all representative of where America is going. We'll get this ***** straightened out before 2007 arrives - trust me on that.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #56
bigdx
Founding Member

Oh dear. You make KPaul look intelligent. I almost feel sorry for you.

"Our entrep[r]eneurial rate is actually quite high, because our *small business* tax rates are not bad at all"

Oh yeah? So how high is "quite high"? USA is 12.69%, Canada is a pathetic 7.93%. Speaking out your ass as usual eh?

"Canadians spend about half as much as the typical US citizen on health care"

Oh yeah? And how much is that Einstein? No numbers have you, eh? eh?

"Per capita income means diddly unless you also quote the cost of living."

Diddly eh? Funny that the cost of living index for Atlanta and Chicago is almost identical to the cost of living index of Vancouver and Toronto. Mmm, so low income and same cost of living.

So no more diddly when the cost are the same, no? Considering taxes, you ass wipes probably need to make do on two thirds what we do. Pathetic.

( the more research I do on you idiots the more I am perplexed as to why you consider yourself a first world country )

"Who has the power, the people who have the resources or the people who want them?"

Duh, so letÂ’s think now? Who has power; the guy with the money or the guy that wants the money? I can buy anywhere I want, anytime I want, any amount I want. Your income will shrink down to 15% of what it is now unless I buy from you. Mmm, I guess you better give me head and swallow or learn to eat less. A lot less.

"OPEC hints that it can't meet supply and gas prices spike within a week in the US, instantly causing panic."

Mmm, actually they have not changed production output in more than a decade. The panic was caused when our own production facilities in the gulf of Mexico were compromised by hurricane Katrina. You're an ignorant reprobate.

"Canada has more oil in just one province (Alberta) than all of Saudia Arabia.

Saudi has 261.9 billion barrels of proved reserves. Canada has 178.8 billion barrels of proved reserves. You say Canada has more?

Note of the 178.8 billion barrels Canada has, 174.5 billion barrels oil sand reserves. You know what that means – $50 a gallon gas. In reality, you have only about 5 billion barrels that anybody on the planet would ever want to buy.

"I think we'll do fine without US petrodollars. We'll just sell to China."

Oh yeah? So why would China buy oil from you fools when they can get it cheaper from Iran?

Old 04-09-2006, 05:48 PM   #57
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: For yeo

"I could go on, but you see what I mean"

Nah, I really don't but it is entertaining.

Ps. If you don't come right in 2007 with Hilary you can always go north. I believe a lot of you already have ...

Old 04-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #58
schizuki
Founding Member

"Asking the man who owns the house how much he needs the one who wants to rent it."

Good luck paying that mortgage on an empty house while I rent from someone else.

And your "gluttonous Americans" remark is more self-righteous Canuck nonsense. The standard of living of Americans and Canadians is roughly equivalent (Canadian per capita annual income is 97% of American.) So at what point does it become "gluttonous"? 98% 99% 100%?

BTW, this Internet you're enjoying was paid for by American taxpayers. You're welcome.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:05 PM   #59
schizuki
Founding Member

"Canadians spend about half as much as the typical US citizen on health care"

And you get commensurate health care. That's why rich Canadians come here for treatment. Tom Green, for example, valued his nuts far too much to entrust them to Canadian doctors.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #60
schizuki
Founding Member

"Canada now ranks 34th in terms of personnel contribution among UN peacekeeping nations, well behind Bangladesh, Zambia, Nigeria and Uruguay."

Easy to save money when you have no responsibilities...