Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 04-09-2006, 09:09 AM   #31
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: FILE THIS UNDER

"Oh, how did we all manage to exist for those eons of human history before the US came along?"

You existed by reading by candlelight, heating by fire, flight by Â… er by no flight, communication by letter, computing by Â…er not computing Â…

Bottom line, we do not need any a$$hole foreigner telling us what is good for us. Rather, you do what we tell you to do.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #32
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: First Harley Shop Opened Saturday in China.

Maybe, and you can cut tarmac lawn on the way.
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #33
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Let's not be cute with the dictionary link. You know I was speaking of the political definition of the word.

Well, don't you worry, in about 2 and a half years the Demos will get their chance to f*ck sh!t up.

And if the Demos can't manage a win in '08, than they might want to think about closing down the shop, cuz they obviously have no idea how to put together a message or find a candidate the can get his sh!t together.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:24 AM   #34
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Truer words were never written Mike. It is an absolute embarrassment that our "education" system has produced a multitude so near sighted that they can't discern our country's devolvement into a police state.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:34 AM   #35
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default OMG WTF its teh flamwar!!1!1

What's the maxim about debating on the intarwebs? Something about the Special Olympics...

Shine on you crazy diamonds

Go get a blog, geniuses. I promise to come read everyone's unique and well-considered opinions. Totally.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 11:02 AM   #36
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: OMG WTF its teh flamwar!!1!1

With a topic like China mixed with Harley Davidson what'd ya expect?
Old 04-09-2006, 11:36 AM   #37
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: OMG WTF its teh flamwar!!1!1

Evidently, I should have expected the usual sub-literate USA vs. Canada/The UN/France/Your Mom rockthrowing, a bit of liberal vs. conservative puke, mixed with some Harleys-are-teh-suck, I-for-one-welcome-our-new-Chinese-overlords shiat. It's certainly not boring. Oh, wait.

Who wants to know my area code? That way you can determine if I suck or not, by using Science.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:35 PM   #38
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

"Remind me what that has to do with you?"

Nothing, thank God. I have the luxury of living in a country that *doesn't* owe 35K for every man, woman and child in the country, so I don't have to pay a penny of that money back. You, on the other, do ... so sorry. Hope the Grandkids think that spending more money on defense than the rest of the world combined was worth it when the bills come due.

"Remind me why I give a f*ck what Canada does?"

Oil. Water. Natural Gas. Coal. Steel. Lumber.

That's why you should care about Canada. The US consumer beast is a hungry animal and the US is already the biggest importer of goods in the world. You think this wonderful lifestyle is going to last forever? Keep dreaming.

"Oh, you mean the guys that took bribes from Saddam in the oil-for-food scandal?"

Yes, I mean the UN that Paul Volcker tried to demonize with the so-called scandal, except that he left out that the job of monitoring all the maritime traffic where the shipments took place was actually a US Navy responsibility:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20041206/gordon

and so the people responsible for letting the 5.7 billion dollars of illegal oil to leak out of Iraq was ... the US. 52% of the actual oil ended up in the coffers of US corporations and was sold on the open market, but of course it was the UN that made all that money, right? The head of the team who was supposed to monitor the sales has gone on record saying that the lion's share, other than what went to the US, went to Jordan and he turned a blind eye because it was those sales that were keeping Iraq alive during the sanctions. That man was a US rear-admiral, not a UN official.

Volkers had a lot of trouble proving that kickbacks took place, too, and out of the 170 people named in his senate report, only three have been charged with anything. Some scandal ... it isn't even half as exciting as illegally spying on your own citizens.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:41 PM   #39
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

I apologize for the dictionary link. It was crass and unnecessary.

I honestly wouldn't mind another Republican run government in the US ... just without the neocons. Their brand of crazy is just a bit too aggressive for my tastes. Get them out, though, and the Republican party is actually not bad.

I would LOVE to see a third or a fourth party get some seats, though, to mix things up.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:31 PM   #40
schizuki
Founding Member

"Actually, mghempel is correct in pointing out that America IS turning into a police state. "

LOL.

I've been hearing that line since Reagan was in office. Somehow it never seems to happen.

Come to think of it, everything I hear about Bush is the same stuff I heard about Reagan. Geez, guys, get another script.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote