Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #31
drthompson65
Founding Member

Default Re: ''Another high-quality service...'' from Harley.

Now you can ship manure across country..
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #32
Bobgoblin
Registered Member

What is wrong with some of you guys? HD is venturing into a new service at their calculation of market rates. HD happens to produce motorcycles that are desired by more people than can afford them. Some of these and others take every opportunity to scorn HD. The only HD I would consider is a Road King, I find satisfaction at a more affordable price with Yamaha (Star in US). The motorcycle world would not be the same without HD, and much the poorer. Congratulations to HD for having the wherewithall to offer another service to MOrons and all. If you don't think the service is worth the asking price, contact HD and put your view, then vote with your wallet as you will. It is that simple, your life starts tomorrow.

Bobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:19 PM   #33
RK-Ray
Founding Member

Harley haters give it a rest! We enjoy our bikes just as much as you enjoy yours and we can look as silly as we want doing it. After all, you sportbike guys look like power rangers.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:01 AM   #34
maxriderdon
Founding Member

No, before giving a quote it ask you what brand and model your bike is.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:48 AM   #35
bmwdude
Founding Member

I wish I'd thought of this when I picked a screen name. "BlackPowerRanger" Sort'a has a ring to it?

One question; How do you fix tattoos damaged by road rash?

Don't feel bad, I hate metric cruisers too. With that said, screw it, lets forget all this and just ride!!!

bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:01 AM   #36
bmwdude
Founding Member

Hey, while we're "Contacting Harley" please tell'm that we non cruiser folks need between 130 and 140 ponies where the rubber meets the pavement on those Buells.

Then it needs to be easier to add our electric goodies, and other adventure touring gizmos. You know, Scream'n Eagle except to make the bike more rideable in more extreme conditions. Heck, I use my K1200 like a truck. And it's used all year. I see no reason your product couldn't do the same thing but with a hotrod attitude.

Do this, and the rest of the world can stop making bikes as far as I'm concerned. I'd own nothing else. I'd bet many others would do the same.

Are ya listening?

Old 01-08-2006, 10:39 AM   #37
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Why in the world should HD cater for non cruiser folks?

HD build (arguably) the most sought after cruisers and do good business as is. Why screw around with a winning formula?

My VRSCR does not quite have 130 ponies, but I assure you it will do everything you K1200 does; with a lot more style that is.

BTW, Buell and HD are not the same company.
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:56 PM   #38
bmwdude
Founding Member

Default Re: Why in the world should HD cater for non cruiser folks?

bigdx wrote: "My VRSCR does not quite have 130 ponies, but I assure you it will do everything you K1200 does; with a lot more style that is."

Really? Cool! So that means I could jump aboard a VRSCR and adjust the windscreen for a cold day, plug into the outlets for heat and radar protection, and I would have power antilock bakes! And depending on which K1200 you were talking about, this bike's hundred twenty something HP will out perform bikes with one hundred sixty something HP. That's really truly cool!

If I run out and get one will I have to dress like I'm on my way to a leather bar to ride it? Or will my Joe Rocket gear do?

Old 01-09-2006, 10:09 AM   #39
bigdx
Founding Member

Sigh Â… I do not believe I said the VRSCR would outperform any K1200; that statement originated in your infantile imagination.

Yes, some K1200s will probably be able to exceed all legal and sensible speed limits by higher margin than the VRSCR can. So what? If that was of any significance you can buy ricers costing 6K – 8K less than your K1200, which would drop it on its ass in each and every measurable performance parameter. But you didn’t buy your beemer because you have delusions of being Valentino Rossi did you?

The VRSCR performance will match (and exceed) the K1200 in some areas. The revolution motor produces 80% of its torque from as low as 3000 rpm. It is very suitable for both pedestrian and faster riding. Two up with about 40-50 pounds of luggage my VRSCR pulls hard from as little as 25mph in top gear. In 25 years of riding I have never come across such a user-friendly power plant. No four banger will deliver power like that.

My windscreen works great as is, why do I need to adjust? In summer I remove it (10 minute job). My lower saddle height is of way more value than some cheesy electric windscreen BS.

You need assistance on your brakes? Two finger pressure can lift my back wheel lifts off the ground, why do I need assistance? Why do I need ABS?

I normally plug in two heated jacket liners, two pant lines and two sets of gloves when the missus and I go for a ride in the cold. I am sure your radar (and heated hair curlers) will work fine on a Harley.

Keep your rocket suit. It goes well with curly hair Â…

Regards

BigDx.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:26 AM   #40
bmwdude
Founding Member

"infantile imagination", you don't know the half of it! That and I truly love getting this stuff stirred up.

Agreed, nothing, but nothing is as versatile as a twin. I absolutely love the way they pull in any gear and at any RPM. Some of the twins I've ridden, I swear could have done without all but three gears. A fantastic MC engine design!

As for the ABS thing; Why do i need it? Because I'm Old and slow. That's why! I need every bit of the reaction time it gives me.

BTW, Great retort......When I have more time we can debate some more...For now, it's 50 degrees outside, and I've got a 55 mile ride home. Actually it looks like I'll be able to ride all week. The weather gods are smiling! (I'm in WV)

C'ya