Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Harley-Davidson News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/)
-   -   CVO Destroyer: Pete Learns To Leave His Mark (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/3134-cvo-destroyer-pete-learns-leave-his-mark.html)

wwalkersd 11-22-2005 08:15 PM

Re: CVO Destroyer: Pete Learns To Leave His Mark

No, except maybe for johnnyb. :-)

wwalkersd 11-22-2005 08:17 PM

Arrrghh. Too much beer. I meant only johnnyb is louder.

Damn, I always screw up the punchline. Ain't I pathetic?

wwalkersd 11-22-2005 08:40 PM

Hey, nobody said it was a high performance beast. It's a high performance Harley! You got any better numbers for a quasi-stock Harley? It's all relative. Remember, it races in the All Harley Drag Racing Association, aka the "If you can't beat 'em, start your own league and don't let 'em play" league. Its performance is relevant only as compared to other Harleys.

And of course it costs $31K! Your basic bone-stock VRSCA V-Rod costs "$15,995-18,575", per the H-D web site, and has a _dry_ weight of 600 lbs. It takes a lot of extra money to get that porker into the nines! And heck, the Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide is $31K, too! In Harley dollars, that makes the Destroyer a steal.

maxriderdon 11-23-2005 12:54 AM

What's all the fuss? When I was in school they always had some "special classes" for the slow one's.

longride 11-23-2005 01:56 AM

Somehow, they never thought of making one. Keep looking though. Bout time you got a little rattled. I thought you were going Hunter Thompson on me.

longride 11-23-2005 02:03 AM

Here's all the brilliant people.......

that were for it!!!!!

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." Nancy Pelosi Dec 16, 1998

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and wehave to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"For the risks that the leaders of Iraq will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against usor our allies is the greatest security threat we face." Madeline Albright, Feb. 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"I will be voting to give the President the Authority to USE FORCE to DISARMHussein because I believe that a DEADLY Arsenal of WMD?s in his hands is a Grave Threat to our Security." Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"We need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ..." Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

"With respect to Saddam Hussein and the threat he presents, we must ask ourselves a simple question: Why? Why is Saddam Hussein pursuing weapons that most nations have agreed to limit or give up? Why is Saddam Hussein guilty of breaking his own cease-fire agreement with the international community? Why is Saddam Hussein attempting to develop nuclear weapons when most nations don't even try, and responsible nations that have them attempt to limit their potential for disaster? Why did Saddam Hussein threaten and provoke? Why does he develop missiles that exceed allowable limits? Why did Saddam Hussein lie and deceive the inspection teams previously? Why did Saddam Hussein not account for all of the weapons of mass destruction which UNSCOM identified? Why is he seeking to develop unmanned airborne vehicles for delivery of biological agents?" Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), October 9, 2002 Congressional Record Sen. John F. Kerry

bbtowns 11-23-2005 04:31 AM

Thanks for the simple direct answer. I knew a fair number of sportbikes could break into the 9s, but didn't know what it would take to put them in the 8s, which it was implied the Destroyer bike would do. Doesn't matter, as my ST4s has about all the power I can competently handle, and probably a bit more.

bboule 11-23-2005 07:50 AM

Re: How about more 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs

Or they could have decided to name the motorcycle after the World war II Japanese fighter plane, the Fuji Heavy Industries Hayabusa.

Also known as the Oscar.

I often wonder if there are people in Japan laughing about that.

bboule 11-23-2005 08:15 AM

Smart people don't invest in motorcycles (or cars)!

Is an XR1000 worth more now then it's original cost invested properly? That amount of money invested for 20+ years will be worth a lot as I'm sure you know.

You might as well play the lottery.

Just say you want to ride an XR1000 since it's fun, that's something anyone sane here can agree with.

rsk173 12-07-2005 05:11 AM

Re: turbines and pistons

I love when people argue w/o any hope of changing anyones mind. When is your next apperence on Hannity and Colmes?