Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 11-03-2005, 10:56 AM   #11
5valvethumper
Founding Member

Default Re: 2,450cc Liquid Cooled HD Engine

Oh please. Anything under 3000cc and 1500 lbs is for wussies. Do the Tutles know about this?
5valvethumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2005, 10:56 AM   #12
teknoman
Registered Member

Rockets and raptors had a pic and statement about three months ago.So step up to the plate.Who ,s got the biggest rocket,triumph.This is simply getting out of pants er hand.
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:15 AM   #13
acecycleins
Founding Member

Ok, follow me on this one. The V-Rod motor was designed by Porshe, right? Everyone knows it's a "heavy" motor that's why you won't see it in a Buell. Terry Vance has run a successful NHRA water-cooled (around) 2600 cc motor in his drag bikes for two straight years. The Germans don't need to help on this because the initial enginerring is done. With engineering on the V&H V-rod turning out soooooooo successfully and with Eric Buell's drive to compete againts the Asian market why couldn't they already have a "mule" up and running? Seems like a slam dunk for the next generation on Big Twin bikes. Don't even think that Buell isn't helping in the R&D of all things HD. Harley would never let a guy with his skills sit around working on only Buell products. Anyway, how can you refer to HD Big Twins as Big Twins if they really weren't the biggest and the baddest. Say hello to my little friends- Oh, did I forget to mention they're two liters....................
Old 11-03-2005, 11:38 AM   #14
PASQUENELL
Founding Member

This was floating around the web in july, It's a hoax ,My buddy owns 2HD dealerships in Canada, There are no plans to build anything like this. The dealers are still waiting for a electraglide with a Vrod motor and can't get it till all the old 88 in parts and colostomy bags are used up.

PASQUENELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:54 PM   #15
triumph900
Founding Member

Default Re: LAME RUMOR AWARD: AND THE WINNER IS...

I saw this months ago. Since it was on the Internet, I ASS-U-MEd it was real....
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:18 PM   #16
dleclerc
Founding Member

Obviously this is no certain thing, and 2008 sound early but an HD Owner in canada is a close family friend as well and HD is very tight lipped on R&D and the dealers are often kept in the dark.
dleclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:59 PM   #17
SmokeU
Registered Member

I wouldn't buy an Electraglide with a Vrod engine. Pretty $hitty engine for a touring rig to me. Jack squat for torque and high revving are not exactly top on my list for a touring bike.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:56 PM   #18
yo-me-mo
Founding Member

hd don't need much more stinking displacement they need another gear or some more hp or both.

and then update the suspension to handle it.
yo-me-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:03 PM   #19
Nerobro
Registered Member

as I understand it, buell won't use the vrod motor not because of weight. But because its to freaking L O N G. The vrod motor is 3/4 of a mile long.

Everything buell uses a sportster bottom end, so the engines are short.
Nerobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:14 AM   #20
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: LAME RUMOR AWARD: AND THE WINNER IS...

Check out the "most read news : water-cooled harley-davidson link" from about 5 years ago regarding the VRod motor. Back in the days when Anonymous users were allowed to post. What a flame-fest. I'd almost forgotten what that was like.

I was reading that again last week for that very reason LOL