Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 10-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #61
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Stock Down Over Six Percent

That's fine if all you're after is a "big V-twin cruiser" Like it or not, the Japanese V twin cruisers are buying into a heritage and history they simply don't posess. I love Japanese in line fours, I think they are the real razors edge in performance and handling, but that's not really what I'm after anymore. I've discovered that it's nice to ride along and enjoy the scenery instead of making every ride a compettition.

If I'm going to have a bike that's fun to go slower on then I want the original item, not some copy. If that doesn't matter to you, then get whatever you want. It's all the same to me.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2005, 08:39 AM   #62
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Do you hate HD?

Yes, I traded the Thruxton for it. I liked the Triumph but it was just to small for me, it would have been fine for a back-road bike, which is what I bought it for, but after the Trophy got pasted it just didn't work as my only bike. The '05 I got is carburated instead of EFI, and the '06's are coming in so I got a pretty straight forward deal on it. I'm going to do a pipe'n'jets to clean it up on the bottom end, but other than some off-idle leanness it's a good running bike and pretty good handling for it's size. I paid less for it than I did for the Trophy.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:44 AM   #63
Fenton
Founding Member

My somewhat local dealer get a bunch of the police road kings back w/ 5-8k on them. Every time I go look I end up sitting on the wide glide thinking this thing is damn comfy. At 6'3" the forward controls are a must.

I want to sample the street bob with forward controls and a lower bar, it may be perfect.

The soft tail standard is just about right but I like the dyna suspension better.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:46 AM   #64
Thig
Founding Member

I knew XLR did nto sound right, thanks for correcting to ZRX.
Thig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:46 AM   #65
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley stock down over 6%

ever see a buell?
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:47 AM   #66
eekadog
Founding Member

nah...i'm sure race replica sales to newbies is making up for the difference in the posership category...
Old 10-06-2005, 08:49 AM   #67
Thig
Founding Member

I would be proud for Harley if they didn't have this attitiude "If you don't have a Harley, you don't have a real bike." The company promotes that attitude and 95% of those riding Harleys have the same attitude.
Thig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:55 AM   #68
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley stock down over 6%

i'm 23 and i bought a roadster...great bike in my opinion...

the v-rod was too expensive...however i really do think the v-rod with the undertail that performance machine did was pretty cool...

for 15-16 large i'd rather buy a used 600cc and use the balance to invest in some harley stock after the it tanks following the conference call on the 12th
Old 10-06-2005, 08:56 AM   #69
cybris
Registered Member

Not a century, but a new lacraosse cxs would be sweet. Thier are many buciks with 150k plus, and no need to replace timming belts, adjust valves, ***** you don't have to touch anything to 100 + k. The problem I see is that the us cars lacked for so long it is hard for people to realise the americans have come a long way in a short time. Please don't think that i don't like Honda's my father worked for them for 25 years the whole time I grew up.
cybris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:04 AM   #70
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Harley quality too good for it's own good

The bikes are just lasting too long these days...owners can't justify buying a new one when the old one works just fine...

with that said...PUT A BIGGER ENGINE IN THE BIG TWINS!!!!!!!