Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 10-06-2005, 04:22 AM   #31
drodg
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Stock Down Over Six Percent

Maybe they should get into Scooters. Those sales are growing by leaps and bounds. In defense of the dealers. They have had some booming years but it is Manufactures Suggested Retail Price. If a dealer is limited on how many units they get because of national demand they will and I think should put a premium on a unit. I don't think this makes them crooked. When the demand goes down so does the price. If you need X amount of profit to stay in business and your limited on the product you get, you will have to adjust the price.
drodg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2005, 04:52 AM   #32
pdad13
Founding Member

My boss just got new bifocal glasses with Harley-Davidson frames. No sh*t.

(P.S. He doesn't ride and he got those frames because they were the LEAST expensive of the bunch. Seriously.)
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:16 AM   #33
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Default Do you hate HD?

I'm always completely surprised by the amount of animosity that HD generates in many motorcycle owning Americans. Where is there pride in the fact that at least one US motorcycle marque is still alive and well?

Will all those people snort with derision and pleasure if HD goes away? They can say "Well America used to be a manufacturing country, but now all we have is service industries."

No matter what you all think of HD's products be proud that an American heavy industry is alive and well. Or do you all want your Motorbikes like your TV's, cars, computers, stereos, clothes and all the rest to made somewhere else and imported here.

When none of you have jobs, you won't be able to buy your Suzondayamakis anymore, see how it works?
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:37 AM   #34
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Do you hate HD?

I hear ya.

Let's see, they make a product a lot of people enjoy. They are known for being good to their employees and they give generously to charities and servicemen.

What an embarrassment!

I suppose they could be mean to kids and dogs as long as they built an inline 4 sportbike.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:41 AM   #35
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Harley stock down over 6%

"I asked the guy in LA about that. His response? "We have a lot longer riding season here."" Well I would say so! Like maybe 365 days a year? What other thing could commend the "Evil Empire of L.A."?

ALSO... Where the Hell is "THE HIGHWAYMAN"! I'm getting pretty damn tired of checking out all the HD posts in the hope of receiving one of His Inspiring Diatribes only to meet disappointment yet again! It must be like how an Atrococycle rider feels when yet again all the Hot Chicks are drawn to the "Real American Manly Men that ride Harleys!" at bike night.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:43 AM   #36
Fenton
Founding Member

Warren Buffet would have sold after the second split 5 years ago. (he never holds til the peak, but he's pretty good at selling before the drop)
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:50 AM   #37
Fenton
Founding Member

The only flaw there is there is a difference in taking pride in the U.S. and paying too much for an inferior product.

Name a $26,000 American car that has the build quality of a Honda Accord. (not counting the Hondas being built in Kentucky)
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:55 AM   #38
CaptainColon
Founding Member

Absolutely...it's been decades since having a "made in america" stamp on something actually meant it was a better product. H-D isn't the only American manufacturer that needs to realize that, especially with the current economy, a lot of people simply can't justify "keeping their hard-earned-the-american-way-money going to hard-working americans" when there are BETTER products for LESS money.
CaptainColon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:12 AM   #39
edward44
Founding Member

I don't hate H-D. I hate the snotty attitude of most of their riders and the snotty attitude of their dealers. As for heavy industry, crap home building is the new American heavy industry and if that implodes, stand clear.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:15 AM   #40
edward44
Founding Member

Right! Think I'll buy me some shares of Berkshire Hathaway. Whoa, 85k a pop! Way outta my league.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote