Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 10-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #151
bowtydaddy
Registered Member

Default Re: Harley Stock Down Over Six Percent

It was bound to happen sooner or later. It seems somewhat ironic to me after just reading about the new Yamaha Star line and the '06 Victory lineup. It seems "made in America" means a lot less to the buying public these days, especially when you consider the amount of Asian parts used on the Harleys. I still love my tube framed Buell...................ride on.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #152
Neal
Founding Member

Good question?! Im not sure other than were flying into Seattle and the hotel is in Seattle. Its at the MMA plant....next week Ill find out xactly where and when and get back to ya
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 04:05 PM   #153
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Two outta three ain't bad
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 04:06 PM   #154
Neal
Founding Member

Good post! Were all in this together. My early riding years we all had Brit bikes and Harleys. My early bikes were a sporty, pans,shovels and my beloved flatty(why oh why did I sell it?!). I loved the feel of riding them,vibes and all. Since i was young the constant wrenching didnt bother me...it was part of the deal and kinda enjoyable. Two or three hardheads and a couple sixpacks wrenching in a cluttered run down garage can be great fun. Now that Im older my evo E-Glide gives me some of the same visceral feelings with more comfort and (in my opinion) great reliability.Thats why I still ride Harleys even though the techno side of me appreciates some of the more "advanced" machinery.All it takes is a 5 minute spin on my son's GIXXER to realize how great a machine it is and how much its not for me. If I was 21 again Id probably be on one,but I like what Im comfortable with and thats a good reason for me to stick with HD.....any concerns about HD marketing tactics and dealers arent important tome. My local dealers know me and treat me well and thats what matters to me.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #155
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: Do you hate HD?

Well, the brotherhood seems alive & well here in CT. If I had to guessat how many wave, I'd say that 85-90% wave back. Don't forget, in that other 10-15%, there are those who don't wave - and also those who couldn't wave (busy/clutching, didn't see me, etc).
Old 10-06-2005, 04:21 PM   #156
caderider
Registered Member

Did you mean this?

src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/new/8_22/36_1_75.gif">
Old 10-06-2005, 04:21 PM   #157
caderider
Registered Member

Oh sure, it shows up in the preview...

:$
Old 10-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #158
caderider
Registered Member

Lack of current technology? Today's HD engines are a lot better than the first Evo's...
Old 10-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #159
caderider
Registered Member

"I've discovered that it's nice to ride along and enjoy the scenery instead of making every ride a competition"

Amen on THAT!
Old 10-06-2005, 04:34 PM   #160
eojmo
Founding Member

Harley, what other motorcycle name can provoke so much emotion? Whether you like or loath them, there’ll always be a place for bikes like Harley's. I've always liked their look and enjoyed riding them, but after maintaining a fleet of mixed Japanese and Harley police bikes in the eighties, mechanically I avoided the Harleys like the plague.Since those times I must say, reliability has been greatly improved. On a recent trip to Hawaii I decided to hire a bike and explore the islands interesting scenery. I presently own a BMW 1150GS,so I thought for familiarities sake i’d hire another Beemer. That wasn't an option, so I ended up with a Harley Fat Boy. This turned out to be the perfect bike for the task, with its low relaxed riding position, its slow revving, high torque motor and good fuel mileage, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed riding this type of motorcycle. I know the people who crave the latest technology and horsepower figures will probably disagree, but when they've had their latest fix, and disposed of their bikes like used diapers, motorcycles like Harleys will continue to be enjoyed by countless millions around the world. Joe
eojmo is offline   Reply With Quote