Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 10-06-2005, 01:27 PM   #141
mesoglea
Founding Member

Default value

Wow, you really schooled me! What an investment, I should spend all my earnings on New HDs and save them, selling them in 5 years and still losing money anyway. Things depreciate. Sportbikes depreciate because the next years models are improved by the lessons learned in the racing scene. Its called evolution. What's better, a new black powder musket or modern military sniper rifle? Both are rifles and fire a projectile.

Ever heard of MotoGP? If HD is the ALPHA and OMEGA of motorcycles, where is their entry in the highest level of professional motorcycle racing? Oh that's right, they can't compete! They stopped in the 60's because the British parallel twins beat them on the track and HD went home and has sulked ever since. Its just not fair that Japan makes a better, more reliable, more economical motorcycle.
mesoglea is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2005, 01:41 PM   #142
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Stock Down Over Six Percent

LOL you are best comedian on MO Buz.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:44 PM   #143
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Sure. What part of Boeing? and where? Seattle, Kent, Renton, or Everett?
Old 10-06-2005, 01:52 PM   #144
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Re: value

that's why the Japanese copied HD with the metrics...

also suzuki, kawasaki, ktm don't do well in motogp....their streetbikes must be HORRIBLE...

by the way you neglected to mention the championship winning screaming eagle vrod drag bike in your rant...
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 02:02 PM   #145
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

No, damit, a Bool, er, Brewl, no I mean Buell! Yes, that's the ticket.

And you can ride your Buell to the Brothel and spend more money there too...

And unlike most Harley dealers you can have a smoke afterwards and not have to go outside.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:39 PM   #146
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Do you hate HD?

Cool, Dynas are neat. I use to break Dyna Convertables in for a rental place in Compton (Moturis).

Make neat long distance bikes. Real comfy.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:55 PM   #147
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Pinks

Well Suzuki won the AMA Superbike this year. That makes 6 Championships for Mladin. Looks like Troy Corser going to win WSBK on a Suzuki. Kawasaki won Supersport. Yamaha won Superstock last year. The point he makes is that Harley doesn't win any price/performance contests. Is that screaming eagle really a vrod and is it a level playing field. I thought it was something dreamed up just to get H-D fans to the track.

Did you see Pinks where the V-Rod got beat by an old Suzuki? Now that is good TV.

[i]Just kidding Harleys are cool we just can't afford them and we are jealous OK.... There I said it.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:08 PM   #148
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Re: value

Okay, I like your gun analogy.

I own a inline muzzleloader and a bolt-action rifle. For hunting I'll use the rifle (ignoring black-powed-only seasons), but the muzzleloader is a he11 of a lot more fun.

Don't know about you, but I got in to riding because it is a blast. (pun intended)
Old 10-06-2005, 03:12 PM   #149
triumph900
Founding Member

Yep, I admit it, and am proud of it. What make/color bike do you ride, so I'll know when to stretch my social finger??
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #150
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Re: Pinks

i don't see them selling the Moto GP Hondas or Yamahas either
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote