Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Harley-Davidson News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/)
-   -   Harley Stock Down Over Six Percent (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/3061-harley-stock-down-over-six-percent.html)

mesoglea 10-06-2005 01:27 PM

value

Wow, you really schooled me! What an investment, I should spend all my earnings on New HDs and save them, selling them in 5 years and still losing money anyway. Things depreciate. Sportbikes depreciate because the next years models are improved by the lessons learned in the racing scene. Its called evolution. What's better, a new black powder musket or modern military sniper rifle? Both are rifles and fire a projectile.

Ever heard of MotoGP? If HD is the ALPHA and OMEGA of motorcycles, where is their entry in the highest level of professional motorcycle racing? Oh that's right, they can't compete! They stopped in the 60's because the British parallel twins beat them on the track and HD went home and has sulked ever since. Its just not fair that Japan makes a better, more reliable, more economical motorcycle.

sportbikebandit 10-06-2005 01:41 PM

Re: Harley Stock Down Over Six Percent

LOL you are best comedian on MO Buz.

sportbikebandit 10-06-2005 01:44 PM

Sure. What part of Boeing? and where? Seattle, Kent, Renton, or Everett?

eekadog 10-06-2005 01:52 PM

Re: value

that's why the Japanese copied HD with the metrics...

also suzuki, kawasaki, ktm don't do well in motogp....their streetbikes must be HORRIBLE...

by the way you neglected to mention the championship winning screaming eagle vrod drag bike in your rant...

mscuddy 10-06-2005 02:02 PM

No, damit, a Bool, er, Brewl, no I mean Buell! Yes, that's the ticket.

And you can ride your Buell to the Brothel and spend more money there too...

And unlike most Harley dealers you can have a smoke afterwards and not have to go outside.

mscuddy 10-06-2005 02:39 PM

Re: Do you hate HD?

Cool, Dynas are neat. I use to break Dyna Convertables in for a rental place in Compton (Moturis).

Make neat long distance bikes. Real comfy.

sportbikebandit 10-06-2005 02:55 PM

Pinks

Well Suzuki won the AMA Superbike this year. That makes 6 Championships for Mladin. Looks like Troy Corser going to win WSBK on a Suzuki. Kawasaki won Supersport. Yamaha won Superstock last year. The point he makes is that Harley doesn't win any price/performance contests. Is that screaming eagle really a vrod and is it a level playing field. I thought it was something dreamed up just to get H-D fans to the track.

Did you see Pinks where the V-Rod got beat by an old Suzuki? Now that is good TV. :)

[i]Just kidding Harleys are cool we just can't afford them and we are jealous OK.... :) There I said it.

Hutchinator 10-06-2005 03:08 PM

Re: value

Okay, I like your gun analogy.

I own a inline muzzleloader and a bolt-action rifle. For hunting I'll use the rifle (ignoring black-powed-only seasons), but the muzzleloader is a he11 of a lot more fun.

Don't know about you, but I got in to riding because it is a blast. (pun intended)

triumph900 10-06-2005 03:12 PM

Yep, I admit it, and am proud of it. What make/color bike do you ride, so I'll know when to stretch my social finger??

eekadog 10-06-2005 03:15 PM

Re: Pinks

i don't see them selling the Moto GP Hondas or Yamahas either :)