Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 10-06-2005, 01:05 PM   #131
gas_pig
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Stock Down Over Six Percent

You want me to spend my money on a brothel???

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2005, 01:06 PM   #132
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Manufacture More Than You Can Sell.....Investors Sue

Anybody can sue. Did they win anything?
Old 10-06-2005, 01:08 PM   #133
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Yep you are right it was declining. I didn't expect the "decline" of H-D to start this year. I was thinking latter. Then the WSJ article came out and the wife says hey the daughter needs a car for part-tme job latter college so we sold it I have to come clean I wanted to get a loan for the car cause I thought H-D would rebound. Wife said no loan. I think you are spot on that this is a correction. I was doing my WWF thing to get the GPTB ralled up..
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:13 PM   #134
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Only Buy American if it is as GOOD!!!

My decision is financial as to when I buy. I plan to retire and start my second career Jan of 07 and retire for real in 2012. I want to have as much as possible of my stuff paid off by then so I can afford some serious travel(including some cross country bike tours and my dream vacation of a New Zealand bike tour)...hence my decision to buy an 07. I 've actually been hoping HD would build a Serious touring machine based on the VROD mill but Im afraid the lukewarm response to the VROD has precluded this happening . Ive been happy with the handling of my Geezer glide and the Twin cammer seems to be a reliable mill so Im content to accept it.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:16 PM   #135
Neal
Founding Member

Hey,lately you seem almost palatable(although still misguided--LOL). By the way,Im going to be at Boeing first week in Nov. Want to hook up for lunch?...I can tell Buz if you really look like Mike douglas on steroids
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:19 PM   #136
edward44
Founding Member

Default Re: Do you hate HD?

"What's your reason"

Because I started riding when bikers were a brotherhood and I don't think that exists anymore. OK so a '92 Yam FZR 600 is not the average H-D riders cup of tea. But I know a lifetime Harley rider who agrees with me. It's not a brotherhood because it has become a cult thing. The best thing that could happen is all those HD posers would take up bowling.

edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #137
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Free laughs

I'm quite certain you weren't very happy when we went riding through SD County together.

I think it's cuz you knew you had to go back to Chicago! Either that or you were concerned about my culinary skills!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:25 PM   #138
Buzglyd
Founding Member

KP has already admitted he looks like Mike Douglas on Krispy Kremes.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:25 PM   #139
nesbit
Founding Member

Discounting the negative comments on the HD dealer network and its sales approach, which seems to offend so many, it's the number of posts knocking HD for "not putting out a state of the art product" that really raises some interesting questions about why we motorcyclists buy the machines we buy and whether it's all that important that a bike have DOC, EFI, or whatever. And God knows it's an amazing spectrum of machinery out there. For myself, I've always responded to technical advances as being fundamental to the decision making process. Hence the Interceptor & 750Gixxer that line the garage wall. But, there is that almost indescribable gutteral satisfaction that only a circa '60s Bonnie T120 or an FLH ElectriGlide brings out in me, that suggests that there is so much more to motorcycling then simple engineering. All I can say is that we'll all be much worse off when the EPA mandates these wonderfully "obsolete" machines off the road, because their inefficient or technically antiquated. As motorcyclists, we need to be coming together, celebrating the diversity and buying as many of these things as we can afford, while they still around, and supporting the AMA legislative effort, so we can buy as many additional years of MC pleasure as is possible.
nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:26 PM   #140
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley stock down over 6%

the equivalent would be putting a 103" twin cam into a sportbike frame...

who cares about the MT-01...they don't sell it in the US...would be nice, but they don't.
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote