Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 10-06-2005, 11:07 AM   #111
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Stock Down Over Six Percent

Just in case I wasn't missed by your broad swipe. I've had 2 (FXR & Fat Boy) not one problem, no oil leaks, no rude dealers, nada.

Overpriced? Yes. As far as polarizing goes, the HD owner(boy there is a sweeping generalization) is like an Oakland Raider fan; even though they are in last place, your team sucks and you're a dumbass.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2005, 11:12 AM   #112
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Starts with a "B" and ends with an "L".
Old 10-06-2005, 11:16 AM   #113
team222
Founding Member

Default Manufacture More Than You Can Sell.....Investors Sue

Is it all that complex?

Manufacture more of any item than people will buy and you have a problem just like Harley has now.

Tell investors that you can continue sell all the bikes you make when you know you can't....then key managers of the company sell off their shares and you have a problem just like Harley has now in the law suit filed against them by investors
team222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:21 AM   #114
edward44
Founding Member

Default Re: Do you hate HD?

Well they certainly act snotty. At least the ones around here. They don't wave. And if you stop next to them they even refuse to acknowledge your presence. And I know you and your buddies have a stable of bikes which you ride ceaslessly. But the fact remains real Harley riders, that own just Harleys, and wear pots for helmets, are snotty without having any reason to be. And as for sloppy thought killing, spare me the theatrics.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:22 AM   #115
Thig
Founding Member

Default Re: Do you hate HD?

Why is it the local HOG chapter has rides that only Harley riders are allowed on, and I have NEVER seen any other brand try to limit the riders to their particular brand.
Thig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:24 AM   #116
Neal
Founding Member

You predicted WHAT would happen....Hd ONLY sell 300000 units.? People like you have been predicting HD's collapse for almost 10 years. They are far from collapsing....they are experiencing a dip due to the overall economic situation and changing demographics....they are far from collapsing. By the way you sold your HD stock AFTER it started to drop. I sold mine BEFORE it dropped....does that make me smarter than you? No,t he P/E ratio was not real good so I made a good (rare for me )financial decision. Does it mean I lost faith in HD and expect it to collapse.? No,I expected just what is happening to happen and their uninteruppted string of increasing sale years to dip. But they still sell a lot of bikes and when this stabilizes I will buy stock back. When this slight dip is evaluated in context of the amazing growth of the last 20 years,its not significant atall. Its similiar to the housing market in my area....my house was recently appraised at 3 times what I bought it for in 1997....if the local housing boom hits the inevitable dip(even if its significant ) and my house is only worth 2.5 times what i bought it for does that mean I made a bad investment? I dont think so
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:27 AM   #117
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Follow your passion. Get the bike you want if possible. Bikes are a hobby for most people so don't get pratical on yourself. If you don't feel passionate as you ride off from the dealership you bought the wrong bike. IMHO. Harley's are pretty, reliable but you have to realize that you are paying a premium for the name and membership into the GPTB...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:28 AM   #118
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Nope I sold it before it dropped
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:28 AM   #119
edward44
Founding Member

Ssssssporster!! And you admit it? One thing, I would never wave to a guy riding a Sportster.Sooner wave to a kid on a moped.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:29 AM   #120
gaineso42
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley stock down over 6%

But why don't they put the dang V-Rod engine in the Buell?

Probably make to much sense.
gaineso42 is offline   Reply With Quote