Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 10-06-2005, 10:44 AM   #101
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Harley Stock Down Over Six Percent

I'm defensive because there are 85 out of 89 posts that are pure bullshyt?? OK. I am a GPTB type and I ride a Hayabusa. Rode the Busa to work this morning. Does that blow your stereotype? So young cops and firefighters buy Harleys. Must be peer pressure then. They certainly couldn't actually LIKE them, right? Every one else is looking somewhere else? I was on a ride Sunday on the Geezer Glide with 40 other bikes, and about 15 of the Harleys were piloted by women and men that were under 35. Feel foolish yet? Any other meaningless stereotypes or complete falsehoods you would care to share with us?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2005, 10:47 AM   #102
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Excellent Post bboule. I predicited this several years ago that this would happen cause your generation is looking for "a modern bike as opposed to heritage, you gotta get past Triumph, Ducati, and BMW before you end up buying a H-D or Buell". Music to may ears good thing I sold my H-D stock last April...when I saw some demographics data in the WSJ on the average H-D buyer. The age was going up not down despite all of the Buell hype. i.e. the data supports your conclusions bboule
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:47 AM   #103
edward44
Founding Member

So, you bought a Star! Great bike!
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:51 AM   #104
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Do you hate HD?

Implying that "most" HD riders have a snotty attitude is indicative of shallow thought processes. I probably know more Hd riders than you and most do not have snotty attitudes. Its amazing how many of us have owned ,or still own,other makes. Among my riding buddies are a guy who has a harley ,a BMW and a Suzuki and another who has a harley as his daily ride ,a Kawasaki as his trackday bike ,a Suzuki MX bike and a Honda woods bike. Gross generalizations indicate sloppy thought. In my business sloppy thought kills....and thus it annoys me.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:54 AM   #105
mesoglea
Founding Member

I have ridden them, they don't impress me. All the "raw" power from a huge, outdated motor. A frame that flexes and a rough shifting, loose tolerance transmission. The mystique of owning one and all those girls that will throw themselves on you for being a tough guy for owning a real mans bike.

All that can be yours for the price of a small car.

What are you really buying with that money? Does the price equal the engineering, design, performance and value?

Get over the smokescreen that HD has clouded your mind with.

The cost of HD is too high, point blank. Would you pay $50,000 for a brand new 2006 reissue of the 1971 Ford Pinto?

mesoglea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:54 AM   #106
triumph900
Founding Member

"Well, I certainly want to admit that I paid $20k for a fifties cycle that leaks oil and vibrates like a dildo."

Wow, which modle is that?? Must have missed it.

I paid $8900.00 for a fairly fast, VERY fun to ride, nice handling, well assembled and attractive bike. Which one? Sportster 1200R. Looks real purdy next to the Speed Triple and Tiger. See, folks who ride HD products like other stuff too!

BTW - No oil leaks, and this ain't your fathers vibrator!
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:00 AM   #107
teknoman
Registered Member

Geez!I hate you Morons![only kidding] My wife comes to me last night, and starts talking about finances..I psychologicaly roll my eyes[too much of a coward to it in front of her]Well to make along story short,she tells me at the finish ."This way you can pay cash for your bike and have no down payments!"I looked at her like she had went to sleep and woke up as a pod person!Because usually the conversation goes[and we,ve all been there] "We don,t have enough cash,why are spending this etc".So naturally I have been awake all night trying to figure what to buy and you guys[gals] ain,t helpin<![laughter] But I guess I got a good dilemma to be in .H-D VS THE WORLD!!
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:00 AM   #108
normankv
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley stock down over 6%

Chris

Too bad. I'm a Kawasaki Nomad rider and make requent trips to my local Harley dealershiop and (when I'm visiting my son) Patriot Harley down in Fairfax, VA. I always get treated well ... never "looked down" on as a metric rider. Plus - the dealership sells for reasonalbe prices (list) ... since they know you will likely add accessaries.

Kelly
normankv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:00 AM   #109
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Do you hate HD?

95% of Hd riders have this attitude? Wat survey have you taken,? More than 5% of HD riders I know actually have another non Hd bike....so I put mu unscientific survey upm against your non existent one. Oh by the way not to mention that many of the group rides Im aware of in my area include a few non Harleys. other than some good natured joking,they are well accepted. there may have been a time when most HD riders had this attitude but I think if you investigate with an open mind you will find HD rider attitudes are no different than most riders and "JAp bike " haters are less prevalent than HD haters.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:06 AM   #110
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley quality too good for it's own good

Agree with both points......300000 units a year is probably not sustainable but HD will still sell plenty And yes,its about time HD made their bigger displacement engine standard