Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 08-23-2005, 06:41 AM   #21
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley going legit?

The street legal stuff is much milder naturally but you can still get the illegal stuff if you know the super secret password.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2005, 07:11 AM   #22
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Default Muad'ib

Paul Atradies, prophet or dictator?

I just thought I'd write something as irrelevent as your reply to this thread is.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:20 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

Can't wait to find out that a lot of motorcyclists are getting killed, eh? Makes you feel better?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:24 AM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

He'll only feel better if Harley riders getting killed. They deserve it the most.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:17 AM   #25
Gluge
Registered Member

Default What's so wrong about hopping up a bike?

I mean loud pipes being illegal I'm all for and I will be happy to have a few less rediculiously loud harley's around...

But, what is so illegal about hotter cams? Why shouldn't dealers offer to hop a bike up before you pick it up? car dealers used to do the same thing (and probably still do) I mean if it still passes emition what's wrong with it?

Finnaly, even if it is illegal for some weird bs reason, what is wrong with having parts for their 'intended' off-road purpose? I mean.... besides the fact that I doubt anyone would ever take a harley off-road.. (race etc.)

Seems weird that everybody's all happy about having less options.

I have a car with test pipes and only the precats left. They're supposted to be 'off-road only' but I don't see what the real problem with them is, I still pass smog with flying colors and it's still super quiet (turbos quiet it a lot) But it definatly helps the engine pick up faster.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 11:18 AM   #26
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Good thing...

I got my Super Secret Decoder Ring!
Old 08-23-2005, 11:33 AM   #27
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: What's so wrong about hopping up a bike?

As long as HD are going to make long stroke, two-valve pushrod motors they will need help in the power department and that's what the aftermarket is for. I don't care if HD stops making Screaming Eagle parts. There's always, S&S, Edlebrock, Merch, Andrews, Crane, Custom Chrome, J&P Cycles etc. etc... and hundreds of shops that will help you build your motor just like you want it.

When I looked into building up my FLHS I found a local shop that would build a Screaming Eagle type motor for a lot less, including the labor. I saved half the cost of that by using a local machinist, my labor and built my own motor. So, the fact that the Screaming Eagle option is no longer available through HD is doing us a favor. And while I'm ranting, my local HD shop couldn't care less about EVO motors. Six months after I'd finished running in the engine they call me to say my head bolts had come in. What kind of idiot thinks a customer is going to wait six months to get head bolts? Screw em!
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 12:21 PM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah. They're so pathetic with their Marlon Brando wannabe getup. So inferior to the Kenny Roberts wannabe getup.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:22 PM   #29
edward44
Founding Member

Default Re: Too slow - get a Sportster

That was the second time in as many posts... and beaten by seconds! S-H-I-T
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 12:23 PM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Good thing...

B-e s-u-r-e t-o d-r-i-n-k y-o-u-r O-v-a-l-t-i-n-e.