Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-30-2001, 03:53 AM   #1
brad044
Founding Member

Default Re: AHDRA Series

harleys racing each other only way they can claim victory is to beat thenselves

brad044 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2001, 04:05 AM   #2
TBones
Founding Member

Why don't you guys get a life? This is getting seriously old. I knew before I even looked at the responses exactly what would be here. If you don't like Harleys and don't have anything germane to add, please refrain from embarrassing yourselves in front of the rest of us. This is SO OLD.

-Tom

TBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 04:23 AM   #3
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default I would normally agree

I do agree to some extent, some people might care about this (I am guessing a small small percentage of the readers). That said, have you ever seen these things? To each his own, but come on, putting a supercharger, nitrous, and still running in the 10s, is just sad!!! It's like they enjoy wasting money, and enjoy having the least capable machine available. That is the only thing that gets me.

Rob
RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 05:07 AM   #4
Hilts
Founding Member

People race lawn mowers, bar stools and all kinds of other crazy things. If it has an engine there is a racing series for it. To each his own.
Hilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 05:10 AM   #5
truedog
Founding Member

Default Re: I would normally agree

Idiot! You obviously HAVEN'T seen these bikes run. How about low sixes at about 220mph. Get a life moron!
truedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 05:17 AM   #6
lexs
Founding Member

Normally I stay out of the HD bashing but I have to agree it is pretty sad when you are so far behind you have to have your own race series. Who else could get away with this? I like Harleys (and really like Buells) but it seems like the most of the people who own them are people who only care about image and being able to say they ride a Harley. I wonder if they take all the signs down that show what year it is and the ETs other bikes run at these races, that way they could keep the illusion that they were not a bunch of losers who are living in a fantasy world.

What is really funny is when the HD folks act like everybody else is wrong, like they feel sorry for people who can't afford a Harley. I guess they are the motorcycle version of the flat earth society. "I bought a Harley, joined HOG and now I have a bunch of phony friends to go with my phony biker act". Yup, I'll bet the guy on the 996 SPS, Goldwing, K1200LT or whatever is just dying because he (or she) "couldn't afford" a Harley. And besides that we don't get to dress up like prostitutes, meth dealers and common thugs, O the pain!

lexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 08:17 AM   #7
MoMo
Founding Member

excellent grammer
MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 08:17 AM   #8
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default Check your stats...

Well... I'm sure you're some sort of expert, in your own mind, but according to the records, only 2 are listed in the mid to upper sixes, and no one is over 210.18. All the rest are under 180 mph and over 7.3 seconds in the quarter. Maybe you meant the guys in the 1/8 mile race were in the low sixes, because there are a few record holders there with those times. And isn't that impressive!
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 08:21 AM   #9
lexs
Founding Member

Sorry, Rod. My comments are based on meeting the people that ride Harleys and the people who don't ride Harley but listen to the one who do.

I don't give a sh*t what you ride or why, I am very tired of holier than thou morons on Harleys ruining motorcycling. How many places will have to be closed to all motorcycles before you brain damaged wana be tough guys figure out loud pipes don't saves lives, they close roads? I'm sorry if idiots dressing up like criminals in order to build up their self esteem offends me, I'm just sensitive that way. Is it just me who thinks making icons out of dirty, sleazy criminals is offensive? I don't care how fast you ride, Kenny Roberts (Jr. or Sr.) or Jeremy McGrath is a lot better person to emulate than a felon who makes his living pimping his wife and selling speed.

And, if you are wondering, yes I know (actualy knew in the past) members of motorcycle gangs, I am speaking form personal knowledge. They are not people who should be admired or emulated.
lexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 10:08 AM   #10
truedog
Founding Member

Default Re: Check your stats...

ROCKINGHAM, NC - Jim McClure and Bill Furr - veteran Top Fuel racers who have staged epic asphalt battles for decades --did it again Saturday during qualifying for the All Harley Drag Racing Association's "Screamin' Eagle Performance Nationals" at Rockingham Drag.

Late in the day, as the sun was setting and the track surface was cooling, McClure blistered the quarter-mile track in 6.619 seconds at an astounding 226.01-mph - both national records.

The ET mark stood for all of five minutes. That's when Furr scorched the track in 6.589 seconds at 214.35 mph.

That gives Furr the national ET record and McClure the national mph record; although both marks will have to be backed up in Sunday's first round of JIMS Top Fuel eliminations for them to become official. According to AHDRA rules, a record must be backed up with a record within one percent of the first run.

truedog is offline   Reply With Quote