Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-30-2001, 04:24 PM   #21
yam1063
Founding Member

Default Re: AHDRA Series

A "so what" to this series.
yam1063 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2001, 05:06 PM   #22
bigjames
Premium Member

and not one of you has the balls to list who you are or an email address.

By the way, nothing is all that slow when it burns nitro-methane, they sound better than the screech of a four-cylinder trying to keep itself from blowing itself all over the drag strip, their motors at least resemble a production motor and they get folks who would not generally consider motorcylcing into the sport. Go watch them race, then call them slow. Bring your hearing protection, leave the attitude elsewhere, EVERYONE else does.

What have you squids done favorably for the sport lately? Can't count Toy Runs, Love Rides or most other charitable rides - that "bunch of beer gutted "super slow sled" riding guys with blinders on" started almost all of that. Makes me proud, and I wave to squids no matter what I am riding.

One more thing, folks who own K1200LTs can afford any damn motorcycle they want. As for me, I have a K1200LT Custom (11K miles in 4 months, as in my slow cold weather months), and 2 Harleys (one a 1951 3 wheeler that was probably used to give your grandparents parking tickets and an Electra Glide with 164,000 miles on it, I'm riding it 81 miles to work in the morning. Why? Because I want to and it can, at 80 MPH hauling a sidecar. Just don't stop in front of me.).

Coming down off soap box, that was better than Prozac. And no, I won't be reading the replies.
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 05:09 PM   #23
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Re: Ever heard of an EXAMPLE?

and get embarrased when that old POS blows you off the track gixxerboy...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 07:14 PM   #24
lexs
Founding Member

What does my spelling (now you know why I have a tech writer at work) and the clothing worn by people who have nothing to do with this subject have to do with this conversation?

If I remember correctly this was called "throwing sand in the bull's eyes" in debate. This was what you resorted to if you had no logical attack, you just tried to distract the other debater with unrelated BS and hopped the judges didn't cut your score to much.
lexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 04:38 AM   #25
x1lightening
Founding Member

Sorry to hear that! In the area that I live, all motorcyclist still wave to each other as they pass. They typically don't care what you are riding. The guys on street bikes typically ride with the other guys on streetbikes and the guys on harley's typically ride with other harleys, but on numerious occasions I have ridden with both groups an see no real great difference in the way they treat each other. The most fun that I have has is when the streetbikes roel into one of the local harley watering holes. There is generally a friendly ribbing given both ways by both groups. Makes for quiet an interesting conversation, but no tempers are lost and its all in good clean fun. Its usually a pretty good time. Its never as sever as what I see on this very website on a daily basis! Sorry to hear that you feel that way! come ride in our area anytime!
x1lightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 04:45 AM   #26
x1lightening
Founding Member

Default Re: Every person is different

sorry to hear that! all motorcyclist wave to one another in the area that I live.
x1lightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 06:46 AM   #27
truedog
Founding Member

Default Re: Every person is different

Actually I probably should have said "Rump Rangers"
truedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 11:53 AM   #28
Buffalo11
Founding Member

Well Bud, Us fat old phartes have been here for 100 yrs, and when your JapCrap is long dead I have an old HD that will be running and still worth more than ever..Whats that Tokyo Bay beer can worth in the market One day after purchase it drops 50%

BTW bring that piece o crap over to the IHRA and run nitro with those beer belly boyz..Didn't think so..So much for the JapSH**

wPm

Buffalo11 is offline   Reply With Quote