Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-30-2001, 09:36 AM   #11
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default Ever heard of an EXAMPLE?

Ok genius, I want to know how many parts on said 6 second bike, are made by Harley Davidson. Pencil broken? Pen out of ink? Oh, you're done!

Those bikes are not even Harley's anymore. I am talking about the non full sponsored guys, the guys with bikes that actually run Harley engines.

I think I'll go stick a Harley sticker on my bike and go race some Harleys at the strip.

Rob
RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2001, 09:39 AM   #12
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default Re: Check your stats...

Where'd you get that info? Not from their website

http://www.ahdra.com/

Make it up? No date either... Hmm. Maybe just unofficial (read: doesn't count) times.
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 09:39 AM   #13
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default Every person is different

There are bad sportbikers, and bad Harley riders, but there is one cold hard fact that I have seen to be 99 percent true.

Harley riders will not even acknowledge a friendly gesture of "Hello". Almost every single Harley rider I have met considers themselves a "Harley Rider" not a motorcyclists. It's the "We're to good to talk to you" attitude that gives Harley riders a bad rep with most sportbike riders. 2 wheels is two wheels, anyone riding any bike, is better than any idiot in a cage, but Harley riders seem to miss that point.

Rob
RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 10:39 AM   #14
lexs
Founding Member

Default Re: AHDRA Series

As usual, you miss the point. I know some of those fine people you talk about that ride Harleys. I don't object to doctor's on Harleys, I don't even have a big problem with the real bad *ss Harley guys. Doctors dressed up is silly outfits trying to look like the bad *ss are silly and sad.

Here's quick test: Do you wear chaps and a vest? You are playing dress up like a 6 year old. Chaps do a wonderful job of protecting a horse rider's legs from brush, that is what they were invented to do. Chaps do nothing on a bike a pair of leather or synthetic pants wouldn't do better. A vest server just about no purpose, a tee shirt provides nearly as much protection and is much cooler.

You are absolutely right about Harleys not being the only ones causing a problems, heck they probably only cause 90% of the problems. When I lived in the city I seldom heard sport bikes but not being able to talk in my own living room for 30 seconds while a bunch "Heck's Accountants" sat a red light and amused themselves but playing with their throttles happened constantly on Friday night, Saturday or Sunday. Since everyone who knows me know I am a life long rider I am the one stuck trying to explain to non-riding friends that no, all bikes are not obnoxiously loud and no, there is no reason for them to do that, they are just jerks. Do you have any idea how much that p*sses non-riders off?

BTW, I am in no way defending that moronic video, if I was the cop he would have gotten a ride to jail and had to explain to Suzuki what they can't have the bike back, it would be in impound. I follow the advice I got from a cop years ago (while getting a ticket for being nearly as stupid as Minime) "I don't care if you do that stuff, just go out T___ F___ road where you won't hurt anybody but yourself.

Finally, I don't know much about Power Rangers but I understand they are good guys. If you can't see the difference between dressing in the safest riding clothing that is currently available and emulating the look of true heroes like KR or Ben Bostrom and wearing an outfit that makes no sense but makes you look like a sleazy you are not paying attention or not very bright.
lexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 11:08 AM   #15
truedog
Founding Member

Default Re: Check your stats...

http://www.dragbike.com/ahdra/index.htm
truedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 11:15 AM   #16
truedog
Founding Member

Default Or......

http://rockdrags.homestead.com/rockquals.html
Old 01-30-2001, 11:15 AM   #17
truedog
Founding Member

Default Re: Ever heard of an EXAMPLE?

Moron
Old 01-30-2001, 11:21 AM   #18
truedog
Founding Member

Default Re: Every person is different

I ride a Harley and wave at every bike I see. The ONLY ones who don't wave back are the "Power Ranger" types like you Rob.
Old 01-30-2001, 11:25 AM   #19
truedog
Founding Member

Default Re: Ever heard of an EXAMPLE?

And NHRA funny cars don't have any parts made by Ford, Chevy or whoever. Big deal! They are awesome to watch, with the ground shaking, the smell of nitro methane and blazingly fast ETs. Hmmmm, just like the AHDRA!
Old 01-30-2001, 11:51 AM   #20
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default Re: Or......

So, as I guessed, unofficial, all the rest of the times well above 6.5 and below 210... I needn't say more, but I couldn't help but add this quote. How Harleyesque..

"My bike broke at about the 1000-foot mark..." said McClure.
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote