Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 07-26-2005, 09:48 AM   #41
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Can we talk about motorcycles?

Yeah. Her real name is Lorena Bobber.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2005, 11:58 AM   #42
pdad13
Founding Member

Actually, you never know with Harley. They just might try such a wacky thing. The only differences between the VRSCA and the VRSCB was the black frame and the bars (along with assorted paint schemes.)

Eh, guess that one didn't work out too well.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:08 PM   #43
maladg
Registered Member

NightRod LongThrust Bobber: the bike of choice for Notch Johnson, son of "Big Red" Johnson & greatest lifeguard of all time.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:12 PM   #44
Hutchinator
Founding Member

After going over the datails, I think I liked the VSRC-B better. In bigger pics, the newer exhaust looks odd, and while the fairing might grow on me, not sure about it right now.

The -B also engine powder-coated the engine, didn't it? At least in the pictures I kept, it looks like the recesses were.

The lower bars with the Nightrod would be nice for Lil' 67" me.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:23 PM   #45
pdad13
Founding Member

Yeah, but the riding position on the A sucks. The bars on the B, I think, were an attempt to make it more suitable for more riders. But those forward controls are WAY out in front with a very odd position for the brake pedal. I doubt the B was much different than the A.

I'm pretty sure the B did have a powder-coated engine. But again, all of that is purely cosmetic, and in my eyes, does not make for a new model.

The mid controls/lower bars would probably make for a for more manageable bike. Although, I'm surprised that they don't compromise ground clearance.

The flyscreen, or some kind of wind protection, is a must on that bike if you ask me. The new riding position may help it in this respect, too. Oh, and at least it doesn't have those silly disc wheels.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:25 PM   #46
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: The Bobber is cool...

What iamz said.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:32 PM   #47
Hutchinator
Founding Member

I see your points. Maybe after I win the lottery, I could pick up a the -D and just swap in the -A's exhaust.

I always prefer the black powdercoating, largely due to my dislike for chrome. I don't mind shiney highlights, but an entire shiney bike is something else.

Disc wheels never bother me. They where different, and kind-of fit the dragster look, IMO.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:40 PM   #48
nkaliste
Registered Member

Default f4 tamburini on 101 outside of san rafael

funny- I was dropping off my ex250 @ marin cycleworks on saturday, and saw someone on a tamburini F4 getting on 101 going south! i wonder how many tamburini's are in the SF area? it sure was an insanely beautiful thing to see.
nkaliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:08 PM   #49
Fenton
Founding Member

Lucky man, I ended up with a base model hugger.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:16 PM   #50
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: f4 tamburini on 101 outside of san rafael

It had a Monroe Motors plate frame. The guys were in the 50ish range all Dainseed up. I didn't want to mention the 3rd guy. He was on some pile of Mille Factory. I know it's not a pose off, but, the F4 Tamburini is eye overkill. I think I'd slum around on a nice RC30. Rare and classy. Doesn't have that "just refinanced" look to it.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote