Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 06-04-2005, 09:01 AM   #51
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: A Teacher?

Speak about not being able to see tongue-and-cheek humor. I know you're not a wacko, and I do know you to be a damn good person and fairly intelligent to boot, but I like to tease you too. I mean, dude, it's fun. You can trade barbs with the best of them, so why not? Of course, you leave yourself to be easy fodder at times, but I would be remiss if I didn't take aim at those moments. You cheeto humping freak.

America would be rather fortunate to have me as a teacher. If ever I have the opportunity to mold and assess one of your offspring, you can be assured that your child will have a teacher dedicated to inspiring their intellectual curiosity and helping them reach their fullest potential. My job would never be to ingrain them with my beliefs, but rather to help them develop the critical analysis necessary to form their own. I hope you know me well enough to realize that.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2005, 09:03 AM   #52
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Good Job

Excellent Post, that was a well-stated and logical argument from a reasonably moderate viewpoint. Either you're maturing, or you've stepped-away from the "greens" for a couple hours.

Next assignment.... explain the merits of the opposite side of your own viewpoint and then show how those merits don't outweigh the deficiencies caused by the total package. Might I suggest; the Bush Administration's Foreign Policies, their effect on international relations and the impacts they have on our domestic citizenry.

-Sean (your favorite whacked-out Limbaugh blowing, wannabe Republican Intern, whose actual political leanings you still haven't figured out.)

Old 06-04-2005, 09:06 AM   #53
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: How about just a more perfect union?

Currently in Kalifornia a good private school costs between 3,000 to 6,000 dollars per year. compare that to the 10,084 dollars we throw at each student through our woefully inadequate public education system. If you make government smaller you would eliminate the high taxes necessary to fund inefficient bloated government bureaucracies. There by freeing up funds for the average family to choose the education of choice for their children, whether it be vocational, or pure science. Vouchers are just another government wealth redistribution plan fraught with all of the negatives of government control and inefficiency VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:09 AM   #54
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: I am an artiste

Giving a damn, and being forced to give a damn by having your money taken and distributed in ways with which you do not agree are two entirely different things. VWW
Old 06-04-2005, 09:19 AM   #55
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Although I am enjoying our disscussion, I have to go now,as I'm taking my son exploring on the bike this afternoon. Talk to you later. Van
Old 06-04-2005, 10:02 AM   #56
sarnali
Founding Member

I've enjoyed reading you two's debate. You're both much more eloquant in putting your thoughts to words than I. My own political leanings run towards FDR and the New Deal, IE the government exists to serve and provide for the people, everyone contributes a fixed amount of their income, and everyone has access to needed social services such as education health care and assistance.

Probably not a popular position these days..One nice thing about our currant administration is that by the time they're through enough people might have woken up and we can return the country to a little left of center, where it seems to work the best for all, not just the top 10% income brackets.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:10 AM   #57
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: How about just a more perfect union?

Um, so...asparagus?

dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:41 AM   #58
seruzawa
The Toad

What the freak are you talking about dude? Bush is one of the biggest social spenders since the other next greatest social spender... Nixon. Where do idiots get the idea that republicans don't blow huge throwaway wads of cash to buy votes, just like the democrats?
Old 06-04-2005, 10:45 AM   #59
seruzawa
The Toad

Ha ha. Critical comments about "self-serving" libertarians would be more impressive if there weren't a single liberal who didn't also intend to personally benefit from all the govt largesse stolen from people who actually work for a living.

There is nothing noble about greed, no matter how much selfserving PR is spewed to justify it.

Old 06-04-2005, 10:47 AM   #60
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, I still don't think that BushII has quite outdone LBJ quite yet. Gulf of Tonkin, anyone?

He's trying though.