Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 05-20-2005, 02:28 PM   #31
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Beg to differ..... Can yos say Insider Trading....

The thing that raises red flags to me is that it is alleged that insiders sold stock before the announcement. Remember Martha Stewart. Although she was only convicted of lying to a Federal Agent. The principal of that case was the company's founder who did sell stock before a bad announcement. He was latter convicted if you remember. Perhaps you are right it is another frivy lawsuit. But I'll wait and see on this one. Keep in mind that this was major news when Harley announced the bad news.... i.e. it was unusual for Harley. Now if some insiders made some money off the deal the shyt will hit the fan oops GW is still in the White House ... maybe not. Is Blueistein a Democrat like Martha... If he is he better get a lawyer...Justice Depoartment Fast track... If not and he supported GW look for it to go the Enoron way. i.e. Justice Department slow track

I agree with you on most of what you said but I would suggest mutal funds as a better way to spread your risk... Real Estate is good but watch the higher interest rates that are sure to come from the large budget deficits...GW charged up on his gov credit card... P.S. I am not a Democrat ....Voted for GWs father twice..and GW the first time...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2005, 02:40 PM   #32
edward44
Founding Member

Default Re: Class Action Filled Against Harley-Davidson

There is an add in the local paper for a 1997 HD Ultra Glide or some such for 17,500. These people are living in la la land and the bubble is set to pop.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 02:47 PM   #33
f4ik9
Founding Member

I'm shocked someone would "Fill" a lawsuit to begin with. Wonder what they filled it with...
f4ik9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #34
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Lead plaintiff lingo is pretty standard stuff. My company was sued like this and what these guys are looking for is a large stockholder who was left holding the bag and is pissed. This stockholder will have deep pockets and political influence to help get the case on the fast track. Also these civil suits are sometimes the trigger for a Justice Department investigation for Insider Trading and Securities Fraud... Careful about tort reform i.e. be careful what you wish for....As a stockholder I love the idea of tort reform as a consumer/patient/client I don't.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:12 PM   #35
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default I trust my health to one...

My Doctor rides a Harley. He has a plaque in his office that says.

"You don't see motorcycles parked outside a Psychiatrist's office"

Since I started riding my health has gotten better. Lost weight, lower blood pressure, My doctor says everyone needs a place to blow up steam...he was the only one not surprised by my improved health...

Old 05-20-2005, 03:33 PM   #36
staff
Registered Member

I'm prospecting for hyrdocarbons in Texas. Big risk, 50:1 return. Partner has already hit on one... oil shelf already found...

JB you're not allowed to play with investments 'cause you've got the bad luck!

--Ashley
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 03:48 PM   #37
emxgarcia
Founding Member

I agree, but I think that the single event that initiates this downward spiral, plus demonstrates The Motor Co. disconnection from its customers, was Elton John being the star of The Party.

Investors should have taken notice then...
Old 05-20-2005, 05:33 PM   #38
leach7
Registered Member

I like how they list all the other companies they are suing at the end, like that is something to be proud of-"If this case doesn't interest you, here is a list of other companies we are trying to shake down for big$$"

Dealers around me have bikes--all Sportsters and V-Rods, and those are still overpriced
leach7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #39
Vlad
Registered Member

Ashley:

It is unfortunate that I am so much older than you and already married. You kick ass.

Francis/Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:08 PM   #40
Vlad
Registered Member

Default Harley-Davidson

Everyone who knows the industry knew that the Harley string had to run out some time. Look at your local used bike rag. There's already a ton of harleys in there. Seems like H-D and their dealers have been running their business on the W.C. Fields rule of business: "It's morally incorrect to allow a sucker to keep his money."

But let's be fair, people have been scooping up their overpriced products for years. Maybe it's time Harley reduced their prices to where they belong. They can still make a handsome profit selling for a lot less.

Francis
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote