Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 03-17-2005, 12:06 PM   #1
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Wheelieing the Geezer

They make great dirt bikes too.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2005, 12:10 PM   #2
MRALLCAPS
Founding Member

Default DAT WUZ DA FERSHNIZZLE!

IZ THAT U, DADDY?
MRALLCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 12:42 PM   #3
tomk2
Founding Member

I'm impressed, damn, those Geezer clutches can take a pounding!

But what's with the "ball-tickler" beard and shaved head look? Is that in fashion somewhere on planet earth?
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
cptaebphd
Founding Member

WOW! That will really impress the other Village People.
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:09 PM   #5
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Impressive.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:27 PM   #6
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Geelieing the Weezer

Them Harleys make fine off road motorsickles. Me anÂ’ my old buddy, Billy Jo Bob once had us this 61 cubic inch knuckle job set up real heavy and low. Kinda handled like a Caddy, kept the wheels on the ground, real smooth like.

So anyway, Billy and I wuz going through Mojave one night at about a hunnert miles an hour since we wuz both late for the night shift at Irma & Gene’s Organ Rendering Farm (where we got a job about a week before stuffin’ hog guts and hooves and stuff though this here grinder contraption. Turned ‘em into sausages for the Denny’s resturant chain).

So anyway we were like real late, and the night shift supervisor was this old bag who hated us both real bad anyway, and said if we were late one more time, sheÂ’d can us on the spot. So anyway, I suggested to Billy Bob (who was drivin at the time) maybe we should take a short-cut across the desert to save some time, and not have to go down Ave. K.

You know we both been drinkin all day and had a pretty good buzz on and Billy Joe Bob Joe sez to me "Hold on, Furtzel, IÂ’m goingÂ’ fer broke" and cranked that old knucklehead wide open. We kinda got sideways for a while, and when we straightened back up we wuz headed across Don and IrmaÂ’s front yard into the open desert. Almost hit this old stack of tires and DonÂ’s new pump shed.

"HELL BILLY JOE BOB! SLOW DOWN!" I yelled, but BJB was under the influence real bad, and deaf as a post from Korea. He coulda cared less anyway, that old 61 was runnin sweet.

So anyway right about when I wus reaching back for this bottle of snake bite I always keeps with me Billy Bob or whatever his name was runs into this cement mixer and over we went. Bent that Harley up real bad, and now Billy Joe wears a truss. I didnÂ’t get hurt, but I did lose my glass eye. Came all the way from Cincinnati.

But we were goin like hell there for a while on that Harley. Hell, I donÂ’t think thereÂ’s a finer motorsickle made. Maybe the Flying Merkel, but you canÂ’t get those anymore.

Old 03-17-2005, 01:32 PM   #7
TomSmith
Founding Member

Harley 74's WERE used as dirt bikes up to early 50's, and were raced in desert events if you were man enough - I rode a BSA (I weighed 124 pounds). There was a kit to raise the transmission an inch or two so you could make left turns without the clutch housing lifting the rear wheel off the ground. There were 3 or 4 in the San Gabriel Valley MC club in '51 (SGVMC sponsered the Barstow to Vegas race in later years).
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:42 PM   #8
12er
Founding Member

Oh, Drag Pipes... I get it now...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:05 PM   #9
Neal
Founding Member

Harley actually sold the XLR (55 inch) as a desert racer /TT bike. Thewre's a couple guys now who race Sportsters in AHRMA Motocross.Most spectacular is Marsh Runyon(who once wrenched for Joe Leonard) who has a wooden leg and races a shoiw quality XLR .....he throws roost the entire course.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 03:13 PM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

My money is on the guy who can wheelie an 850 lb motorcycle over you anyday.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote