Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Harley-Davidson News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/)
-   -   VRSCR - The V-Rod for the rest of us! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/2639-vrscr-v-rod-for-rest-us.html)

ValkBandit 01-27-2005 05:17 AM

Re: VRSCR - The V-Rod for the rest of us!

cool bike. i hope it succeeds, and that it spawns a healthy aftermarket. bikini fairing and soft luggage may well transform it into something i'd buy.

didn't think they had it in 'em ....

DaveFla 01-28-2005 03:24 AM

You hit on the response that I was trying to sort out - the Street Rod is close to being what I wanted in a T-Sport.

But, of course, with no adjustable-screen fairing or bags and for more money... ;-)

bmwclay 01-31-2005 03:23 AM

VRSCR - The V-Rod for the rest of us!

Looks good. I could see that bike with some good fitting hard bags and a screen, sort of a fast FXDXT. I think this bike will blow the MT-01 out of the water. This bike sould be faster than a Buell (115-120 hp), and more roomy and comfortable. The Buell would still be a better hooligan bike. I metioned this bike to my friends abd they dimissed it as just another tarted up V-Rod. I don't think they grasped the significance of this bike! If it road tests good I am selling my 03 LeMans which is another underrated bike.

Outlander 02-06-2005 12:36 PM

OK, I checked it out at the Cycle World MC show this weekend. Wow, what a disappointment. The bike is silly long, top-heavy, and just looks like it was designed to re-use as much V-Rod stuff possible to keep manufacturing costs to a minimum. It's reminiscent of late 20th century GM cookie cutter engineering.

The radiator doesn't fit the bike's profile, the instrument pod is angled down low as if your navel was reading it (your view is over the needles rather than from the front), the seat is uncomfortable, with that weird-looking rear fender you'd think they could have done something more inspired to blend the pillion in, the pipes look funky (in a bad way), the engine finish looks cheap and so on. I was more impressed with the 883R for less than 1/2 the price.

On a side note, the two-tone blue/white FLSTNI had late 36-48ish year old women on it all day long. Just thought eBass might want to know what bait is working this year...

Buttman 02-14-2005 04:20 PM

my housemate owns a orange vrod. a bit biased as im not into cruisers but its pretty unimpressive for the money. doesnt stop or turn it goes ok in a straight line but has a pathetic fuel range and many older sports bikes are much more comfortable for a pillion. next to the other bikes in the garage (2000 speed triple and zx6r) it isnt overly imposing, large, or pretty. He could have got a 999s for the money or any other bike with lots of change. just my opinion...

Buttman 02-14-2005 04:27 PM

couldnt agree more...about harleys, and christian fundamentalism. imagine a fundamentalist on a harley.....nasty