Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #121
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Hey, wait a minute

"people who buy BMW's, Multistradas and V-Stroms are exempt from the 'purchasing by looks' category for obvious reasons"

Hey, what about the R1100S? Freakin' beautiful bike.

But I'm with you on the VStroms. VStrom riders are the guys and gals who truly mated for quality, not looks.
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2005, 06:50 PM   #122
nbyers
Registered Member

Default They'd call you.....

the Highwayman
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:11 AM   #125
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: VRSCR - The V-Rod for the rest of us!

If you can't buy that bike for MSRP, you aren't looking very hard. The days of markups are pretty much over.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:31 AM   #126
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Yesterday

Don't waste your time, Washington is probably the most liberal blue state going, well Puget Sound area anyway, Eastern Washington is pretty red...But I digress, Up here Harleys outsell everyone else by about 2-1 KP as usual is"mistaken"
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:40 AM   #127
bross
Registered Member

Default Re: The V-Rod for the rest of us!

I agree totally, typical HD, dig through the parts bin, come out with sportster rims and a sportster seat and voila! a new model!
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:19 AM   #128
triumph900
Founding Member

Default Re: VRSCR - The V-Rod for the rest of us!

HD MSRP Vivid Black 2005 XL883 is $6495. Freight is $195. That's $6690. Add taxes, tags, setup, and I'd argue about paying setup. You should be able to get "out of the door" for damn near $7000 +/-.
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:38 AM   #129
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Hey, wait a minute

Alright. Point taken. And the K1200GT is sharp too. But the entire line of BMW cruisers and the AlienF650CS more than make up for that.

The BMW cruisers most remind me of the Subic Bay Jeepneys. Talk sbout a parts bin bolt-together. All the BMW 1200Cs are missing is the dingleballs.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:57 AM   #130
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Yesterday

On looking over the cruiser offerings from the Japanese it appears that HD is the only manufacturer that offers reasonable footpeg/contol positions in their Dynaglides. All the Japanese offerings have the ridiculous "foot up Kpaul's @ss" footcontrols.

Definitely makes the basic Dynaglide (at $11995) a better choice IMHO. Too bad you need to upgrade the brakes. Still, with the import prices rising each year HD has managed to keep their prices fairly level, even lowered on the base Dynaglide. The metric cruisers are creeping into HD price territory. Heck, if you like cruisers the $800 price difference between a 1500Drifter and the FX should be a no brainer.