Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-25-2005, 01:48 PM   #111
sliphorn
Registered Member

Default Re: The V-Rod for the rest of us!

Pauli boy, a relatively short ride from Chicago into the Fox river valley of McHenry county yields some very nice twisties. But of course you wouldn't know that unless you lived here.
sliphorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2005, 02:31 PM   #112
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Yesterday

The FXDX and the standard Dyna Superglide or the Low Rider are the Harleys I'd be most inclined to buy. I've always like the FX series.

A Road Glide would work as well, the rest really aren't something I'd want. Nice bikes, I just think I'd spend my money elswhere (Triumph f'rinstance)
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:42 PM   #113
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

If I were ever to get a Harley, I'd have to hop up the engine considerably. That and the standard riding postiton make the FXDX the obvious choice. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:45 PM   #114
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Then we could call you FXDX4VWW. Only after the hop up, though.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:22 PM   #115
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

You could call me anything you want, because I wouldn't be able to hear you over the roar of my forged from American steel, manly steed. FXDX4VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:42 PM   #116
samurai01us
Founding Member

Default Re: VRSCR - The V-Rod for the rest of us!

I like the looks of the new 883, but not the price. I just checked the web site and the msrp is almost $7600. I think that's too much to start, but when you add in the typical Harley dealer goose job markups, you've got a bike that could approach $10k out the door. Ouch.

Too bad for me. I really like it.
samurai01us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:58 PM   #117
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Default Re: VRSCR - The V-Rod for the rest of us!

VRSCR is a great $12K bike. After a lackluster first year of sales, dealers will unload the bikes for $14K. Nice bike HD, but it's overpriced and your target market won't pay up. Or buy HD-themed support stockings.

I'd really like to see HD build a dechromed version of the bike with a flat black paint job. Strip the bike down to its lowest-price essence and get it out to the masses. HD, your price target is $12K. I'm sure you can do it. Ok, I'll settle for 13K, the same price as the stripped down Victory 8-Ball....
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #118
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: Premium price

Dressed out in Cafe' trim, and modified a little, I'm sure the naked SV would make an awesome sleeper. Just what a geezer needs to teach the young'ens a lesson or two.

If I had the liquid assets, though, damned if I wouldn't be Speed-Trip-Horney, too. I'd have to do something about those headlights; but other than that it's pretty close to ideal. It will probably never make the MO Holy Trinity, but it has my vote for major saint.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:17 PM   #119
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: VRSCR - Back to the subject

At this point Honda, like everyone else, is probably caught up in the liter-bike-derby, or the cruiser-war. If the VFR ever became what it could be, what else could you ask for in the way of a sport bike? Now, the price is just too high and it's too heavy for most guys to consider the. Anyway, I'm gonna ride mine until the wheels fall off, unless I win the lottery. Then, my old VFR will be sitting next to a new Speed Trip (hey, I can dream).
Old 01-25-2005, 07:41 PM   #120
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley makes Red State Bikes

I admit, I did once vote for a Republican for mayor of St. Paul, MN. That means I'M A FUNDIE BUSH LOVING ANITEAE-LOGIC ****RY DESTROYER!!! OMFG WTF BBQ IRS!!!!
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote