Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Harley-Davidson News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/)
-   -   Record Earnings (again) For Harley Davidson (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/2635-record-earnings-again-for-harley-davidson.html)

blitz 01-20-2005 08:35 AM

Re: Record Earnings (again) For Harley Davidson

My first 1'st post. Kind of anti-climatic.

woo hoo

maladg 01-20-2005 08:43 AM

Even though hell will freeze over before I buy one of those things: Good for them! and good for their dealers!

And good for my portfolio!

SuperBill 01-20-2005 08:44 AM

Say what you want about the way they make their motorcycles - they sure are good at making money! Atta-boy, HD!

pushrod 01-20-2005 08:55 AM

Somebody is going to cough this up, so I'll drag out the ol' line out of the cliche closet... Grunt, snort...

Ahem...

"BEWARE! This trend of under-designed, poorly executed rolling antiques selling for absurd amounts of money is going to change! Any day now!"

Oh, look- the sky! It's fa...

Holy_Kaw 01-20-2005 08:59 AM

Congratulations HD! I think that the current success the Manufacturers seem to be having bodes well for the future of the sport. Now if you guys could come up with a bike that had a Modern V-Twin, Buell chassis, XLCR type styling and sold in the 10-12K range... never mind... just what I'd need, more confusion.

nokneedragin 01-20-2005 09:09 AM

Allways good to hear a company makin money (an ability I havn't really mastered yet). But as a non-financial type, I have two thoughts.

First, is this pre-tax revinue? I understand that this has an impact on the final numbers. Again I'm no financial wizard so maybe the chosen language answers this.

Second, there is no breakdown on Buell (which I think HD has a 55% intrest in). So I assume that Buell will issue seperate financial statements, even though they are part of the HD empire. Which confuses me, because they included HDFS in this statement, but left out Buell.

Anywho, good on HD. I'll never own another one, but if ya got one, enjoy it.

BMW4VWW 01-20-2005 09:10 AM

"In addition, the Company could experience delays in the operation of manufacturing facilities as a result of work stoppages, natural causes, TERRORISM or other factors. Risk factors are also disclosed in documents previously filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Has the government's Chicken Little like cries of terrorism caused such pervasive fear in our society that now companies like Harley Davidson now must "disclose" it as a risk factor with the SEC? For crying out loud, more people have died in the U.S. from side effects of aspirin than terrorism even if you include the victims of 9/11. Isn't this rational for government interference in our lives getting a little out of hand? VWW

triumph900 01-20-2005 09:54 AM

Can't believe it

HD BEAT "expectations" and the stock was still DOWN $1.27. Didn't "impress" the Analysts...(emphasis on the first syllable!!!) UFB. Guess that's why I'm poor...

longride 01-20-2005 10:13 AM

Probably Sarbanes Oxley nonsense.

Holy_Kaw 01-20-2005 10:22 AM

Re: Can't believe it

They purchased over a half a billion dollars of their own stock (Cash Flow - Twelve Month Results), that's putting your money where your mouth is. I think Harley Davidson's long term viability looks fantastic. I wouldn't mind having a piece of THAT pie.