Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-21-2005, 03:30 AM   #31
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Record Earnings (again) For Harley Davidson

I've never trusted the Latvians.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2005, 03:41 AM   #32
nokneedragin
Founding Member

I recognize what you posted as some variant of the english language, but for the life of me I can't make any sense out of it.

I think you said HD made a buttload of money after taxes, and Buell is just a dinky, meaningless account mark on the ledger book.

Someday I am going to figure this money stuff out.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:54 AM   #33
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You can check out the Buell numbers HERE There is a breakdown for gross earnings and units shipped for Buells for the last 3 months.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:00 AM   #34
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

To put Buell in perspective for 2004, they shipped around 9800 motorcycles. That would be about 2300 more than Triumph sold here in their entire linup. The all-couquering VFR sells about 2000 units per year. Maybe if Buell comes up with a "real" sportbike, they can match the fantastic sales numbers of the other two.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:40 AM   #35
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Showing my supreme confidence in the Commander-in-chief, I boarded an airplane yesterday and flew to the great state of FL.

I figured if a dirty bomb went off we could circle for a few hours until the fallout subsided and then I could swoop in and buy up all the real estate, wait out the nuclear winter, and then cash in.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:02 AM   #36
triumph900
Founding Member

Default Re: Can't believe it

Me too. Think I'll finally buy some now that the price is down!
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:06 AM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Fie Fie Fie!

Oh ye of little faith. I'm dug in and waiting. The Duchy of Grand Fenwick will be invading the beaches of Nevada shortly after the Big Earthquake. I'm sure of it. I heard it from Art Bell.... or maybe the CIA. I forget which. Both are about equally grounded in reality.

On a more serious note, our Workmen's Comp Insurance went up a couple of years ago based on the "threat of terrorism". Yeah right. The Islamofascists are planning to attack Salt Lake City. Sure. You bet. Any day now.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:15 AM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

That was Blue Microdot not Blue Velvet.

Blue Velvet was a movie made in a unique method by David Lynch. He followed Dennis Hopper around for a few days while secretly filming Mr. Hopper going about his normal business. You should check it out.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:23 AM   #39
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re Petweenies

I'm surprised you got "pet****s" past the naughty filter......and no, efi bikes don't have pet****s, if you want petcoccks you have to buy...........

A massive, turgid, throbbing carburated twin...an American twin....with glittering chrome and leather tassels...flying free in the wind.. Manly 1inch chrome handlebars, sized for the oil-stained gloved fist of the True American rider.....the same mailed fist that raised in salute is the greatest acknowledgment a rider can hope for...One of true brotherhood .....Not all deserve the respect...

The English Triumph, though not of American Steel...grudgingly earns it's way into the pantheon of pride..built of the long and bloody history of the struggle for equality amongst the working class on those distant shores....Pride can be felt, for the true brother of the wind knows the love of steel is shared.....

Not so, the traitorous s***** who sullies the roads with the Godless Asian Atrocitycycle...the mailed fist is raised to those as well.....but twised in anger... middle finger erect and tall like "little soldiers" at a rally praising the works of George Bush, Savior of our nation....

The true Knights of the Wind feel the pride swell in their loins, as massive pistons, forged in the fires of Pennslyvania, formed by the skilled hands of American labor pound out their anger...their warsong a scream of defiance to all who would dare question the American Way, those who would question

........................The Highwayman......................
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:25 AM   #40
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Fie Fie Fie!

Better keep an eye on your mountains and medows.......
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote