Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-11-2005, 08:02 AM   #51
sethch
Registered Member

Default Re: Yer Killin me!

The real world?!

Are you implying I don't have a real job?

I do have a real job working along side the military, like I have for the past 11 years(4 of which as a military member when I joined up when I was 17) and as a member of a the real world I can say I want the most for my money. Harley's are good bikes(not great but good solid bikes) but I don't think they are worth what people pay for them.

As far as your "Indian" comment...way to turn a light chat about motorcycles into a place to air your bigotries.

sethch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2005, 09:26 AM   #52
sethch
Registered Member

Default Re: Harley and Buell Extend Warranty for Deployed Military

I think you missed the part were I said I actually DID ride a Buell. I try not to pass judgement on a bike til I ride it for the reason you talk about. So I have ridden 3 or 4 HarleyÂ’s in my day. I like them, they are good bikes. My favorite of the HarleyÂ’s and BuellÂ’s was the V-rod which I rented last Aug. for a charity ride through upstate NY. As I understand it it wasnÂ’t even designed by Harley it was designed by Porsche designers. Anyway I am not just going by strictly performance numbers I know numbers donÂ’t tell the whole story. I had an SV650 a couple years ago and when people I know who also ride saw itÂ’s numbers they scoffed. So I told them to take it for a spin and theyÂ’d come back grinning and say "OK itÂ’s a fun bike!"

I just basically donÂ’t think HarleyÂ’s are worth what people pay for them and when I hear guys saying they tried to haggle with a Harley dealer whoÂ’s charging 3 or 4 k over MSRP and a dealer says "that is the price, people will pay 5k over MSRP if I asked for it" I canÂ’t help but have it leave a bad taste in my mouth.

ItÂ’s an age old debate that I have with my Harley riding father all the time.

sethch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 04:36 PM   #53
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Your father sounds like a smart fella.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 07:53 AM   #54
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Re: Say it isn't so...

You mean while I've been gone, the country has gone dry and screwing a babe will get me an article 15!

Be glad some things are exagerated.

(My apologies for the sarcasm, been a long several months...)
Old 01-16-2005, 07:59 AM   #55
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Well, can't tell you how many poeple I've run across this depoyment that ride HD. Not because I can't find 'em, but because I've lost count. The majority I've talked to have own, or still own HD.

Also, Military Overseas Car Sales do offer excellet prices for HD and Buells, which is why I'm getting one now and not waiting for spring, even though I can't ride it for several months.