Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 12-11-2004, 04:36 AM   #31
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default The problem with YOU is that

You paint with a broad brush, and you just included me.

Well, according to your standards there should only be one motorcycle company in the whole f&cking world. You know, the one that makes the bike that beats the other ones in ever catagory for "considerably less coin". I'll guess three things here. First you have pimples. Second, you ride a bike that is a supposed "shootout winner", lemme guess, and FZ1. Third, you never rode a Harley in your life. Bet I hit all three on the head, pimple puss. Since you have NO IDEA who, or what, the customer base of Harley-Davidson is, nor did you ever ride any one of it's products, you should stick to rating pimple products, and riding with your magazines in tow, so you can prove your "superior" bike won the "shootout" at the Burger Barn. Actually, I can see why people ride and buy Harleys after reading your post. It's so they can avoid riding with morons like you. In case you didn't guess, I am one of those "suckers" or "posers" that is born every minute. I bet I have more miles on my Harley than you have on all the bikes you ever owned. That's posing for ya. Of course that doesn't include the other 4 bikes I own currently, or the 35 I owned before that. Next time you want to make stupid statements, with moronic generalizations, be ready for responses you won't like.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2004, 05:10 AM   #32
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Default What he said!

I guess there's nothing left to say after that.

I didn't realize I was such an unhappy poseur.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 05:53 AM   #33
FZZZZZZZZZ1
Founding Member

Default Re: The problem with YOU is that

Actually, Longride, as a student of abnormal psychology, I like your response quite a bit.

FZZZZZZZZZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 07:18 AM   #34
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'm glad you liked it. As a student of a$$holes I liked your original post too.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:21 AM   #35
FZZZZZZZZZ1
Founding Member

Longride, some things are better not admitted to on public forums...
Old 12-11-2004, 07:23 AM   #36
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Being the abnormal poser/sucker I am, I just can't help it.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:54 AM   #37
FZZZZZZZZZ1
Founding Member

Seriously now...I do know that there are still serious riders who ride HD, and it's got to be aggravating to be one of those when there are so many RUB's who go to the HD dealer to spend their money on an image, not a bike, and then ride it maybe 1000 miles a year. I ride an FZ1 set up as a sports tourer with bags and bigger screen that will actually stop some wind blast as the miles roll by, and while I say to each his own the bike night posers on FZ1's prompt no more interest from me than posers on anything else.

The point of my original post was that I don't think HD has what it takes to compete successfully against the Japanese manufacturers, Ducati, Triumph, etc., in the sports touring niche. I think that's the cold hard truth, just as it was true that HD didn't have what it took to compete against most of the same manufacturers with the VR1000 in AMA Superbike. WRT sports touring Buell did have the ST3 for several years, they entered it in events like the Iron Butt and chalked up a bunch of DNF's for their effort. It is significant that there is no current equivalent to that bike in HD's stable, and while the V-Rod engine (designed with considerable assistance from Porsche) is a good engine it still doesn't measure up to the overall performance numbers of the FJR, ST4, or even the ST1300, which prompted my "blow it into the weeds" remark.

And no, I don't think that there should be just one manufacturer of motorcycles, or just one kind of bike. God knows if there are people who want bikes like Ridleys there's a market for just about anything. Capitalism being what it is somebody else will step up to the plate to give it to'em and that's fine, just don't go out on a limb making unreasonable statements about'em and expect not to be challenged.

Peace, Longride, be safe, and be well.....
Old 12-11-2004, 09:57 AM   #38
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I guess I see things differently. RUB's can be bad in one respect, and good in another. They certainly bring people into the motorcycing world that wouldn't otherwise be there. People like doctors, politicians, businessmen, etc. All that helps when morons try to legislate what is "best" for us. Personally I could care less what anyone else does. So you think the "cold, hard truth" is a Harley ST couldn't outsell, say the FJR 1300? I'll go WAY out on a limb here. I would bet you any amount of money that if Harley made a V-Rod sport tourer, it would sell better than the FJR, and easy too. I know that somehow numbers are king with your perspective on bikes, but that would be far from the criteria that everyone, or even most use for a reason to purchase a motorcycle. Cruisers are king for a reason. It's how they make you FEEL. If Harley drops the V-Rod motor in a beautiful ST package and we already know the motor is pretty much right, it WILL sell. Maybe not to you, but that isn't the point is it? I'm not sure why you don't think Harley can compete with anyone. BMW does it the same way. They go their own way. Harley went from selling 20,000 bikes a year to selling 300,000 a year in 20 years. Just a coulpe questions on that last fact. How did all the other "real motorcycle" makers do in that same timeframe? How many of those "real motorcycle" makers tripped all over themselves making bikes to imitate Harley? How many of the "real motorcycle" makers' bikes did Harley imitate? I rest my case.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:13 PM   #39
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Re: The Yamaha must be so great...

so great and so much fun, that FZ-1 feels the need to complain about harleys. He needs to go out, ride his bike and enjoy himself instead of complaining about the so and sos riding Harleys on the weekends. Maybe he's jealous about resale values and gas mileage.
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 12:44 PM   #40
FZZZZZZZZZ1
Founding Member

Default Re: The Yamaha must be so great...

Ratz! Exposed again! Nailed for being jealous of Harleys' gas mileage!!!

Yeah, right, that must be it.......