Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 07-27-2004, 10:54 PM   #54
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: MO just ran a cool bike review...

Like this one?

http://www.pathfindersmc.org/multime...0BMW%20295.jpg

Old 07-28-2004, 02:36 AM   #55
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: The V-Four Harley You Never Saw

Yes, it is sad, isn't it? Although, I must say that my theory on parallel universes is based mostly on an old Superman cartoon episode.

I also read about Hawking's retraction recently. This, obviously, has put a serious damper on my enthusiasm for completing the time machine basket case in my garage.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:39 AM   #56
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Funny

That was.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:53 AM   #57
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Talking Trash for Dummies.

Once again Kpaul, your ignorance knows no bounds.

Please go to a racing school, I think your mind may actually open up a little.

As for you on your Ninja, against any of the MOrons you listed, especially with a 1 lap start, you'll find that you just placed yourself 1 lap further down.

You just don't have the skills, or the experience on a bike to make statements like that even remotely sound credible.

So, go take afew racing schools, invest in some leathers. Prep the Ninja for tracks days, and race in one actual race. Then come back and tell us about the experience. If you actually contribute a real story out of it, you may reclaim some credibility on this site. Only some though.

I hope the best for you.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:24 AM   #58
sarnali
Founding Member

Go for it pdad13, Hawking 's just making it up as he goes along
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 05:50 AM   #59
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Oh, This is good. Perhaps you two should read my post again. Ok, once more let's try sticking to the facts instead of making things up. LetÂ’s see someone said:

"Oh yes. Yamaha designed that engine completely in a vacuum without regard to any previous engine development by any non-Yamaha engine designer. Yup. The Japanese originated the V-4 OHC engine. Sure. Right."

Response: Where did that come from? I said "Good thing I guess since Yamaha came along with the real deal, yep you guessed it 20 yrs, and still kicking a$$ V-Max" The "real deal" is a production model a man can put his hard earned money down on and get a real kick butt motor that works, from a company that made reliable powerplants. The difference between anything made before is real serious power and real serious reliability, That my friends is "the real deal".

Another said:

"The funniest thing about his post is that Yamaha's V-4 did not, as "common knowledge" would have you believe, originate in the V-Max. It started with the Venture, which was introduced two years earlier. The V-Max engine was a hot-rodded version of a touring engine, and not originally designed for what is is best known for doing."

Response: That is entirely correct, an already proven motor which Yamaha produced themselves and even for what is considered hot rodded the motor will go forever. Truth is the touring version is way over engineered. The real serious hot rodded V-max make over 200 BHP w/o the need for company sponsorship and hundreds of thousands of dollars to do it. Even 20+ yrs. Later ,assuming Harley could put together a V-Four @ twice the $ by themselves, would you expect it to hold up like a V-Max? Dream on!

Old 07-28-2004, 05:56 AM   #60
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Well, yeah.

The problem with Honda's V4s is that they were poorly designed and had loads of problems with trannies, cam shafts, etc.

The cams have bearing surfaces on only the upper half of the outboard ends. The oil to the cams first goes through the transmission. The trannies blew regularly.

Nothing wrong with the concept. Honda just did a lousy job with it.