Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 07-17-2004, 02:27 AM   #131
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda bulletproof?

outside of Philly. I do ride in the winter a bit, but they ***** the roads all up with cinders and salt once we get our first snow, so it makes corners kinda scary after that.
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2004, 02:29 AM   #132
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley did it again?

lol. You just don't get it, do you?
Old 07-17-2004, 02:39 AM   #133
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Default Re: Hawgs

shortride, you really need to get laid or something. All's I said is that Harley has to be to most successful marketing company in the world. You take that as an insult? I never said Honda does not market thier products. Where did you come up with that from?

I am not a wrencher, so if i have a problem, sure, I will take it to the dealer. Will I have my current Wing forever? Probably not. I would like to own some other bikes before I die. Right now, I wouldn't mind that Rocket III, a used Valk (or hopefully they will make a new one), i even like that new Softail Deluxe.

LOL. Right...no one likes Wings.

Old 07-17-2004, 02:46 AM   #134
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Default Re: Wings in Junk Yards? Huh?

He only went around the world once? A few months ago I remember reading about a guy who had just completed his fourth trip around the world on a Gold Wing.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:47 AM   #135
Winger4Life
Founding Member

huh?
Old 07-17-2004, 02:58 AM   #136
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Thought? I looked at the K1200LT, Gold Wing, and Electra Glide. The Wing offered better all-around performance than either of those bikes, and I liked the styling better too. For what you get, the BMW and HD are way over-priced in my opinion....you are paying to have that BMW logo or the HD logo.

See, I don't care what name is on my bike...I care about the bike. To me, the Wing is the better bike. A lot of people have to have that HD name on their bike, no matter what. That is called Branding, which is directly related to Marketing. Kinda like in the 80's when you had those little animals on your shirts. Izod had the alligator, Sears had a Dragon and JC Penny had a Fox.

You wanted to wear the Alligator to show off.

Old 07-17-2004, 06:17 AM   #137
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Wings in Junk Yards? Huh?

What you didn't know is, the first 3 Wings are in the junkyard! LOL
Old 07-17-2004, 07:13 AM   #138
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda bulletproof?

Harley Davidson
Old 07-17-2004, 07:51 AM   #139
oldtim
Founding Member

Default Re: Notice Buell is NOT listed...

Yamaha is introducing the MT-01 (the V-twin sport bike-show bike of a year ago) that will probably take a big bite out of Buel sales if they decide to bring it here. (Europe only in 2005)

oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 04:36 PM   #140
grover750
Founding Member

Default Re: CRF....

Agree on Honda's two strokes. They are a couple of design cycles behind, looks like they are putting the R&D bucks in the CRF's.

Maybe I could Greyhound it out to SoCal, get an '03 CRF450 (to replace my '97 CR250, which I can now race in the vintage class in Wisconsin!) for under $5k, and ride it home in the interstate medians. Anyone tried this?

As for the Dealers vs. the corporation making money, this whole thread is about the corporations, not the dealers. Honda is making money on the wings, they are a great bike, regardless of the minor design flaws.

(Yes, I consider them minor, this argument is a dead horse, let's not start it again)
grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote