Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-10-2001, 05:18 AM   #11
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: Water-Cooled Harley Discussion

I don't have a V-Max. And I've never seen a fast enough Dyna-Hydra-Fatboy-xlchfxsrtqrst-glide to beat a V-Max. My buddy has a legitimate 11 second-flat early 70's shovel, (with a 90-lb flyweight aboard), but when we ride together, I leave him for dead on my '86 GSXR-1100. By the way, my post was a JOKE. Get it now? Or do I have to post 3 times?
CYCLE_MONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2001, 05:24 AM   #12
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: Correction - the V-45/65 motor....

Don't know if I believe this here rumor. Honda was racing the V4 RVF1000 in superbike, and world endurance racers in the early '80's. I think it was just a logical step the make a street bike out of the engine. I think it's accepted as fact that Porsche was the one collaborating on the ill-fated Nova program.
Old 01-10-2001, 06:12 AM   #13
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: Funny how people think HD should develop their own engin

It's different because Ford or GM haven't built their sucess on the "f*ck it if it ain't American" attitudes of most Harley's owners. Also, "those 2 don't develop in cooperation with" as much as OWN the foreign brands you refer to.
Old 01-10-2001, 06:13 AM   #14
wingdave
Founding Member

Good point.. how can Harley recoup the R&D losses?

Raising the price of the "dynamite" glide to 50,000.00? NOW try to buy a harley for list.

Oh, to the anon. squid above bashing non harley riders.. riding a harley makes you tough.. posting as an anonymous wrench twister makes you TOUGHER.

Love and kisses.. dave
wingdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 06:30 AM   #15
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Well said.

Currently have four horses in the stable. The two that are mine are a Road King and a ST1100 and the two that my wife rides are a V-Star 1100 and a VFR800Fi. (Guess what kind of riding we do?) About the only bike/brand I've ever been loyal to was the one that was a gas to ride, would do what I asked of it and would get home from where ever the he!! it was I ended up. I sold a Valkyrie for the R-K because it was a better bike for ME.

All of the bikes I've owned in my life have had problems. None have been major but I have been DOH three times, twice close to home and once in the middle of the night on the side of I-40 doing a cross-country run. We ride Motorcycles not Volvoes.

I'm a commuter and an LD rider. If anyone feels the real need to b!tch about any particular group lets ALL support www.ridetowork.org and go after those that would have all motorcycles banned from the roadways of America.

"Cages are for HAMSTER!"
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 06:40 AM   #16
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: You can wake up now ..

You replied to the wrong guy, but I think he'll figure that out. Enjoy your Sporty.
Old 01-10-2001, 06:41 AM   #17
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: You can wake up now ..

Oops, sorry, I goofed. Disregard my last statement. In fact, disregard all my statements, everything I say is a lie.....
Old 01-10-2001, 06:46 AM   #18
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: Nova program?

I believe it was in late '70's/early '80's. If I remember correctly it was a water-cooled, fuel-injected 60 degree V4 designed by Porsche. Can't remember all the details. I think the project was scrapped because management didn't believe the faithful would buy into it, but I'm not sure.
Old 01-10-2001, 06:48 AM   #19
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Sure... Your ultra modified Dyna with a $25,000 forced induction, nitros injected, 500mile TBO motor MIGHT turn a sub 11 second 1/4 and be CLOSE to performing like his bone stock $10,000 V-Max but what does that prove????? Geee if you throw enough money at it (How fast do you want to spend?) you can make it a $30,000 fairly fast timebomb of a bike. Or you could compare a close to stock (read still fairly reliable) 1400cc Dyna with something more in it's performance league... say a $5,000 Kawasaki EX-500cc parallel twin or a $6,000 Suzuki SV-650cc V-Twin. Of course when you get to the twisty stuff both of those rice burners will leave you for dead.
Old 01-10-2001, 06:58 AM   #20
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: HDs be da coolest

Akchooly, I fink dat wood be his Mutha instead!