Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 03-16-2001, 02:29 AM   #121
Trax
Founding Member

Default Re: Water-Cooled Harley Discussion

Is HD able to make a water-pump, or will they just do as they do with the carburaters? ( Buy them from Japan. )
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2001, 02:29 PM   #122
purlear
Founding Member

Default Re: Water-Cooled Harley too small

Cruiser retracted all of the numbers for the VTX 1800 in the next issue. They addmitted to a misprint.
purlear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 12:17 PM   #123
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default Re: Who you call

To be honest, that sounds really dumb. I like sportier bikes, but sport bikes are not made to be durable and no one who buys them seems to care. Harleys don't perform the way I want them to, but they are comfortable enjoyable touring machines that offer durability and longevity, and easy maintenance. Technology and user maintainability are always at odds. This whole list looks pretty dumb with a few exceptions. I see short range dealer-dependent sport bike posers who use their bikes strictly as toys, arguing with hype spewing image posers about who's dad can beat up who's, peppered with doe-eyed technophiles who don't seem to care about how actually usable the technology is as long as the right buzzwords and features are there.

Fortunately I saw a few common sense posts here that represented honest perspectives on actually using motorcycles, but they seem to represent only a small grain of hope.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 12:51 PM   #124
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default No it won't

I don't have a preference for a Harley or a Vulcan, I just happen to know that's not true. Look at the power and weight figures. Liquid cooling doesn't make power, but those 2 extra valves per cylinder should. But don't. Even with the extra displacement, a 1500 vulcan is barely quicker than an evo and a little slower than a TC88.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 12:12 AM   #125
smv
Founding Member

if you think the concrete floor in your garage is slippery now with just OIL stains on it, you just wait! put a little coolant laden water on top of it and watch out!

smv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 08:13 AM   #126
mpaar
Founding Member

Go Don, Go! I like your excellent attitude! Harley will do what they must, and I do believe that they truely will put the effort in to make the right business decision, and a business descision it must be. If they had not made the correct descisions in the recent past (10 y) we would not have an American Motorcycle company to 'post' about.

mikeyp
mpaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 12:58 PM   #127
Bernd
Founding Member

Default Re: Water-Cooled Harley Discussion/New Pic ?

<a href="http://www.motorradonline.de/MRD/GST/gst_show_gallerie.asp?ID=37178%20%20%20%20%20%20%2 0%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&RND=364986599">NEW

HD WATERCOOLED </a>
Bernd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 10:08 AM   #128
Todd8080
Founding Member

Default Re: Water-Cooled Harley Discussion/New Pic ?

<div>I can't believe there's not more interest in the new watercooled Harley! I posted pix of it on my board Friday, and except for a few passing comments, no one seems the least bit ruffled! This is the biggest change in Harley's history, yet at every forum I visit, it's shrugged off like it's just another new model. Any thoughts on this? Any one?

Â*</div>
Todd8080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 03:53 AM   #129
Syncity
Founding Member

We should all be proud of HD. HD survived! And now an American motocycle has gained respect as the MOST desired motorcycle in the world. Big, heavy, loud and a complete joy to ride. HD's entire production for the next 3 years is SOLD.

Harley has not held the "fastest motorcycle crown" for 30 years, yet every manufacturer has tried to build a big V-twin that emulates a Harley.

Now, the Japs's, Germans and Italians are facing a serious problem. The V-rod. Buells are eating away at sport bike market share and the V-rod will become the King of the Cruisers, the "Dodge Viper of the motocycle world. And its just the beginning. The stock V-rod numbers are excellent. But being a harley the V-rods won't stay stock for long. A host of performance mods will make this bike a monster.

I like all motocycles but only 2 bikes that are not Harleys stand out to me. The vallkirie and the Hayabusa.

Soon the only reason you will have for not riding a Harley is that you cannot afford one.

Syncity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 04:02 AM   #130
Syncity
Founding Member

Would'nt ride anything but an HD, seriously. I don't really like to ride with my knees in my chest, my butt in the air doing a hand stand on the Handle bars. I don't care how fast you go.

Syncity is offline   Reply With Quote