Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-12-2001, 10:40 AM   #91
TBones
Founding Member

Default Re: Water-Cooled Harley Discussion

Sounds good to me (hence, the motto...). I'm sorry you've had such crappy experiences with Harley riders. That sucks on any brand.

Actually, I'm buying rice (FZ1). I'd still go for a brew tho'. Stout, preferably. Lot's o' antioxidants for the big-assed brain, don't ya' know.

Keep the rubber side down,

-Tom
TBones is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2001, 10:45 AM   #92
TBones
Founding Member

Do you really think they're still shoddily built? Seriously. Mine has had zero problems, as have the others of which I've been aware. Is this a bad rep from the AMF dark ages (pie tin for catching crank oil standard equipment), or is it still a problem?

-Tom
TBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 10:50 AM   #93
Haru
Founding Member

Tom,

why don't you email me sometime? its harbir@hotmail.com
Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 11:05 AM   #94
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: Enough flames, let

So, considering that the 2001 dollar is worth maybe 10 cents in '54 dollars, seems you've taken a loss. Lets face it, unless you're buying new Ferrari's or McLarens, vehicles are a poor investment. For the $19,000 I'd pay for a Fatboy, I'll take a GSXR-1000 for $11,000, and invest the other $8,000. With what I'd make investing, and the resale loss on the Gixxer, we'd be about even. Face it, they're overpriced for what you get, THAT drives up the used prices. By the way, my GSXR-1100 I paid about $6k for new in '86, is worth about $3,500 now. Not too bad. People should buy them because they love 'em, not for an investment.
CYCLE_MONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 11:38 AM   #95
Pablo008
Founding Member

The answer is, no they haven't. And you are right...yes they do.
Pablo008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 03:18 PM   #96
tony
Founding Member

Default Re: Who you call

Nice message only thing is your confused the dream is in you not the bike or anything else you own. The Harley is just another piece of plastic and steel. I'm not putting down Harley's and if you need an external item to feel good then so be it.
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 04:38 PM   #97
SC
Founding Member

i have ridden Vincent black shadows, CB 750 fours, T150 v Triumphs, VR1000 H/D"S, XR100 Hondas, 160 Ducatis, etc,,,etc,,, and ya know what? I love each and every one that i ride! Dont matter to me because the person that owns it is happy when they ride away! With a big smile! I work on motorcycles for a living & i would not trade that for anything(well,,,) To each their own & just keep on riding, Thanx, Stan C
SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 04:54 PM   #98
SC
Founding Member

Default Re: Close-minded, or Self-righteous, or Insecure?

having ridden Vincent Black Shadows, CB 750 Hondas, 250GS Suzukis, 160 Ducatis, T150V Triumphs, Tomos mopeds, etc,,, etc,,,, i enjoyed riding them all and will do so for many years. The smile on a persons face says it all!
Old 01-14-2001, 05:06 PM   #99
SC
Founding Member

Harley has saturated the market, yes there will be a glut of cruisers and the price will fall. As with automobiles the times are always changin and the good times dont last forever. If Harley can pull off a one two punch more power to em. Ya gotta go big or stay on the porch
Old 01-14-2001, 09:10 PM   #100
V4lust
Founding Member

I suggest that all of you immature, name calling children "shut the up and go ride".
V4lust is offline   Reply With Quote