Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 06-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #82
rhust
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Early Release 2005 Sportsters

Relax guys - was making an overly facetious statement - glad to see you're passionate about your marque. But, really, leave the personal attacks to the trolls - I mean aren't you guys supposed to be out testing bikes or something?

Of course Harley makes bikes to satisfy their customers - any successful business does and should. Constant "improvement" along those lines is what keeps people coming in the door, be it 5 more horsepower or cloisonné badges. The Japanese push the limits for race bikes, the Germans push the limits of wacky technology that works (new K bike exceluded until it actually appears in the flesh), the Brits and Harley push the limits of how far you can improve a classic before it breaks form (modern Triumphs and Buells excluded), and the Italians push form and fashion until it hurts (999 anyone?). It's the way of things. It'll be interesting with the new shakeups to see how things settle in the various markets (Aprilia, KawaZuki, etc.). Besides - where in the press release did they say there was vast amounts of innovation?
rhust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 02:18 PM   #83
Buzglyd
Founding Member

My son is only 6 so we just putt around the neighborhood or down to the beach and back.

If I go too far he starts falling asleep.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 02:34 PM   #84
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: 7 dwarf - troll posts

Ugly Troll??? Hey! Would that be me? I hope so! Man.. to earn a nickname like that... HA! Would make my day.

Nah... you must be talkin' about someone else. We all know I'm the prettiest one here.

Old 06-29-2004, 03:20 PM   #85
Lastwatch
Founding Member

Uh, thank Harley for paying for it? I think the 'Hot Biker-Babe' is the one who will have paid, and far too much, for it.
Lastwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:30 PM   #86
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Sporkster catch & release

That is really cool. I wonder why they didn't make the Siamese exhaust for it. That was always the coolest part of the XLCR.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:54 PM   #87
ikonoklass
Founding Member

That's classic... I'm laughing my ass off....
Old 06-29-2004, 06:29 PM   #88
eekadog
Founding Member

I find it more hilarious that certain motorcycle manufacturers, who make certain bikes like the vtx, roadstar, and vulcan....eh nevermind i think i already made my point
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:41 PM   #89
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Your attempt at humor was rather clever, however it is big twins which have the F designation. Sportsters always begin with XL.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:02 AM   #90
anrajala
Founding Member

Most capable? Got to be a joke. Sporster is the worst bike to ride. Once I got stuck on a lengthy motorway bit on one. We had swopped bikes and I didn't want to humiliate the guy swopping back immediately. There should be a law against selling this POS to innocent people. Now when they have the rubber mounts I read they are real comfy but this comes from the same people who said they were ok when they clearly werenÂ’t.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote