Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 06-23-2004, 07:37 AM   #71
donzi
Founding Member

Default Re: I am going to rent a Harley, what model should I get?

No sweat. I bet they can put a backrest on for you. I would think that most places renting would have them available. My wife won't ride without one.

The Electra Glide can be alot of fun also. My wife and I rode one and couldn't believe how comfy it was. She wanted to buy one on the spot.
donzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2004, 07:50 AM   #72
donzi
Founding Member

Default Re: Don't rent a hardly! Rent a goldwing and travel in comfort. Perform Vs. Pose!

Cruise America rents wings w/ unlimited miles.

http://www.cruiseamerica.com/motorcy...ls/default.asp
donzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 07:51 AM   #73
Buzglyd
Founding Member

My Glide is a newer one with an honest-to-god cartridge fork in the front.

The little pump thingy is one of the first things I purchased.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:17 AM   #74
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I can't count the times I can't figure out if I am looking at an Indian, Yamaha, Suzuki, or Harley."

That's because the others all copied the Harley style. Harley was never "me too", but "me first". A Gold Wing isn't worth copying. That's why there are 100 bikes that copy Harley, and none that copy a Wing. If Honda cut an Accord in half, you have a GoldWing copy. LOL

"What bike looks like a GoldWing? Performs like a Gold Wing???????? Nothing comes to my mind."

What bike breaks frames like a Goldwing, overheats like a Goldwing and loses value like a GoldWing?? Nothing comes to mind.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:33 PM   #75
seruzawa
The Toad

Suzuki TL1000!

Old 06-23-2004, 03:42 PM   #76
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Jesus this page would never finish loading if i listed all the serious defects Harley has had! Yeah no Harley ever broke a frame! Yeah! Check your history.

FYI, only a few bikes actually overheated, but that pales in comparison to the number of Harleys which have over heated.

Wasn't Indian around BEFORE Harley? And the point is, Harley has no soul as you see one on every corner and ton of bikes that look exactly the same. Kind of like all the hair bands in the 80's....they all look and sound the same.

LOL. Your right. BMW tries to copy a Gold Wing, but they can't. Perhaps they should hire Porsche to help them too? Oh wait...they actual have engineers capable of putting modern tech in their bikes!

Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:18 AM   #77
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Default Re: Don't rent a hardly! Rent a goldwing and travel in comfort. Perform Vs. Pose!

yeah, you definitely won't get bored on a Harley due to its amazing performance!
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 07:02 AM   #78
roja_dude
Founding Member

Default Thank you all

I appreciate all the comments from the group: Thanks for the wisdom and wit. I will let you know what happens!
roja_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:26 AM   #79
Buzglyd
Founding Member

and no girl..........
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 07:51 AM   #80
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

A GoldWing used to be worth copying, back in the 80's when every company made something similiar to it (and some much better than the Wing, like the original Venture, which proved that big touring bikes could be a lot of fun to ride). The only reason those companies don't make those bikes now is because the majority of those people have moved on to own Harleys or those big scooters. Honda, by default, are the only ones who make that type of bike now, simply because they left it in their lineup. The only way they can increase their sales is to make a completely new bike like they did with the 1800, because it's a limited market with no new people buying bikes. The only people buying them are past GoldWing owners, with precious few exceptions.