Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Harley-Davidson News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/)
-   -   H-D First Quarter for 2004 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/2374-h-d-first-quarter-for-2004-a.html)

pplassm 04-16-2004 03:24 AM

Re: H-D First Quarter for 2004

Things got to be pretty slow if this is all there is to talk about!

Cmon! Gobert got fired (again)! Scott Summers broke his collarbone on his comeback try in GNCC! Moto-Guzzi introduces new cruiser! Everyone's raving about the new CRF250X!

You didn't read it here.

pplassm 04-16-2004 03:25 AM

Oops!

The Gobert thing was indeed on here.

ducatirdr 04-16-2004 03:36 AM

Rant on Marketing

Does anyone really care anymore about how much money Harley is sucking from suckers?

IÂ’m Harley RK owner with 30K miles in the last 2.5 seasons of riding in the NE area. IÂ’m not in HOG nor ride in "polka" runs or wear Harley jeans and outside of freeing up the pipes and air-box the bike is stock. I'm sick of how much money Harley corporate are making off all this crap. I have more respect for adults collecting Star War toys (just barely any at all) than all this market driven Harley crap they want you to buy. At least the freaks playing with Star Wars toys as adults know they are uncool and still choose to do it.

IÂ’m sick of swap meets and everyone looking the same. I think I need to sell my Harley and buy a Guzzi or something. IÂ’m embarrassed by Harley riders yet love my bikeÂ… Is there something wrong with me?

Hey Harley riders - Just say no to all that Market driven crap and ride your freaking bikes, get them dirty and show the world that you aren't a sheep being herded into a wallet draining slaughter.

Hector1 04-16-2004 04:12 AM

Too bad can't put together a competitive AMA Superbike team with all that money ....

HelterSkelter 04-16-2004 04:30 AM

AMEN! to that.

electraglider_1997 04-16-2004 04:42 AM

Re: Rant on Marketing

What a crock. You'd better sell that bike since you certainly don't deserve to ride it. Stick to your Duck you quack.

Neal 04-16-2004 04:44 AM

"Is there something wrong with me?" LOL well there may be something wrong with you but your not alone....I often threaten to sell my E Glide and buy a Guzzi.Problem is i really love my HD.....been riding em since 68 and just cant stop. The new HD scene isnt my bag and sometimes embarrasses me but just cant help myself.

longride 04-16-2004 04:48 AM

You need it BAD

Not sure if you should sell the Harley,....if you really even own one. I do know you need to get laid ASAP. Go get a bottle and a lady and when you are riding over to do the deed, keep repeating to yourself "It's only an earnings report"...."It's only an earnings report".

SparkyBlue 04-16-2004 05:40 AM

You don't like my HD tee?

SparkyBlue 04-16-2004 05:42 AM

Good question, what would they ride?