Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 03-24-2004, 07:09 AM   #11
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: I'll just get it out of the way now.

Just the part about how their owners can't really be having fun riding them.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2004, 07:29 AM   #12
Anti-ChickenStrip
Founding Member

You mean random and innane parallel Number 1,285,473?

The Prophet is anything but humble.

Or correct.

Ever.
Anti-ChickenStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:46 AM   #13
Bandit_1
Founding Member

Default Re: History Made In Gainesville

Big effin hairy deal...

That Vance and Hines bike has zero parts in common with a V-rod or any other harley.

It is a 160 cubic inch air cooled pushrod 60 degree fuel injected V twin.

NHRA changed the rules 2 years ago to bring in some of the harley crowd.

Harley is allowed 160 CI engine size and Suzuki is allowed only 92 cubic inches.

Plus Harley gets a 50 pound weight advantage.

Don't believe it? read the 2004 NHRA pro stock bike rules.

You know what, I think I will race an olympic sprinter....he will have to carry 3 cinder blocks and run on his hands....bet I win...nice when you get to write the rules.

NHRA lost all credibility as a sanctioning body.

Bandit_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:59 AM   #14
Betamax
Founding Member

yay, their bike goes fast in a straight line.
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:11 AM   #15
Steve781
Founding Member

Default Harley Riders Don't Want to Go Fast

This is pretty funny really. Seems very few harley riders are interested in going fast. A local large harley dealer tried to orgazine a harley/buell only track day. Here is the track day organizer's latest message.

"Now for the stranger side of the news, Mancuso Harley Davidson contracted LSTD to host a Harley/Buell only event for them on March 29th at TWS (this coming Monday). Due to their poor rider participation they are asking us to help them by opening up the day to all riders specifically sport bikes. If you ever wanted to show the Harley crowd what two wheels and a motor was meant for this is your chance. We will of course have a Harley/Buell group and a sport bike group, but we will not be have our normal break down of Race, Intermediate, and Novice groups. I know it is extremely late notice but if you can make it great. If can make it, just follow the web link below for online registration and we will see you on Monday."

Steve781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:11 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Heh heh.

The big exclusive lovers of the Japanese brands once again attack HD for outsourcing design. Irony is too difficult a concept for some.

Old 03-24-2004, 08:19 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

It's the Jesse Jackson School of Winning Arguments:

Today on Point/Counter point we have world renowned commentators William F. Buckley and KPaulKook. We'll start with Mr. Buckley.

Buckley: "Obviously there is a geopolitical aspect of this situation. All companies outsource in today's expanding markets. All companies also use their influence to get rule changes that favor their particular model of motorcycle. All are responding to the public's demand and doing their best to fill that demand. After all, it's what the consumers demand that determine the direction of the market. Companies ignore this demand at their own risk."

KPaulKook: "You suck! It's all Bush's fault."
Old 03-24-2004, 08:20 AM   #18
bigjames
Premium Member

Yes, that bike is a Harley Vrod - with short ass pushrods.... Of course it is not a 'real Harley', nor is the Suzuki a real Suzuki. Damn, the bike with HD on the side won, deal with it, quit your crying and move along whiners. If any of you bothered to look at the formulas developed for size of engine, it has to do with how much air is pumped through the engine. Since a 4 revs sooo much faster than a twin, uh yeah, the twins get a cc advantage, but in the end the pump the same amount of air and fuel, so there.

And about Porsche they have been working with HD since the Evo motor. Folks, Porsche has an engineering company that works for lots of folks, including the Japanese bike industry, so your Kawi, Suz, Honda, Yama just might have been touched there too. GET OVER IT! The motor they are racing is a Vance and Hines design...it was designed to meet the rules, just like the Suzukis it beat,

Now, flame away, I don't care, 'cause I don't read them anyway.....generally....

BigJames
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:35 AM   #20
Bandit_1
Founding Member

You oughta race, with as much air as you pump you would do well..

and a v-rod with short push rods is not a v-rod...

I can tell that I am wasting my breath but a v-rod is an overhead cam engine that is water cooled and the vance bike..... isn't.

For you HD people....A cam is a device that opens and closes your valves to let fuel and air into and out of the engine......

To complex?

Ok, A cam helps move your shiney chrome geegaws and fringed cup holders to the next bar.....

Bandit_1 is offline   Reply With Quote