Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 10-16-2003, 01:49 PM   #61
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Another Record? Buy a 57 Chevy and make me happy.

Heh heh. If you look further down you will see Kook claiming that any motorcycle that doesn't have a sub-11 second quarter mile isn't a sportbike.

I guess the owners of the Ducati Supersport 800s and Guzzi Lemans models are going to be surprised to discover that they are riding cruisers. I guess that also makes the new Suzuki GS500F a cruiser also.

We also discover that since Kook's 600 Ninja isn't capable of a sub-11sec quarter mile he is also riding a cruiser.

Someone should welcome Kook to the ranks of the brotherhood.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2003, 04:21 PM   #62
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default Re: Another Record?

"I have a dream that one day H-D will design a bike that has in excess of 100 HP at the real wheel."

It's called the V-Rod.

"I have a dream that one day H-D will have fully adjustable suspension, tubeless tires and dual front disk brakes as standard equipment."

It's called the FXDX.

"I have a dream that one day H-D will design fuel injected water cooled V-Twins."

Again, the V-Rod.

"I have a dream that one day H-D will enter a bike into the Super Sport class."

For 2004 Buell will be racing the XB-R in AMA Formula Xtreme. Close enough for me.

"I have a dream that one day H-D will introduce a motorcycle and not just another Harley Davidson."

Why on earth should H-D make a motorcycle that is not a H-D? That's about the stupidest thing I've ever read. I wish I could ignore posts like this but stupidity cannot go unchallenged.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:26 PM   #63
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Why Buells are sport bikes

250 GP bikes don't qualify for two of your three qualities- are they still sportbikes?
Old 10-16-2003, 05:27 PM   #64
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Another Record? Buy a 57 Chevy and make me happy.

Just off-topic stuff. This is on-topic.

Old 10-16-2003, 05:29 PM   #65
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: plan of action

Because they're made by Harley.

Old 10-16-2003, 06:46 PM   #66
wrecks
Founding Member

Default agree to disagree

Let's just all agree that:

a: Harleys are pieces of crap. Period. That includes Buell.

b: That's the way they will stay because they have a distinct and loyal customer base who don't want them to change.

It would be cool if Harley could build a competitive supersport bike, but, unless they throw billions at developing one, they will be forever playing catch-up. It wouldn't be profitable for them, and surpise!, Harley Davidson is a business whose primary goal is to make money. Nobody is forcing you to buy their crap, so don't. Keep blowing past them on your Japanese bikes which you know are infinitely better and cost less. Harley owners love their bikes and I admire that. Hey, ignorance is bliss.
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 06:48 PM   #67
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Re: plan of action

the Buells qualify as sportbikes just not as good ones.
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 03:41 AM   #68
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: agree to disagree

If ignorance is bliss, then you gotta be the happiest MF'er on earth.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:50 AM   #69
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Another Record?

Dot coms never made any software GET IT? That's why they are gone GET IT? They pissed away millions and produced NOTHING, GET IT? Are you ****ying stupid or what? Now you have gone beyond silly and ventured into ****ying stupid land. You never named one dotcom that produced anything, including software. NONE of the dotcoms sold software that I know, and I'm in the business! I love how you want to try to "teach" someone, when you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Software companies produce software, and dotcoms are service organizations, hence the name "DOT ****YING COM"!. Internet services, GET IT? Now go buy your FLH for $500 bucks or whatever your wet dream is.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:20 AM   #70
Hector1
Founding Member

Default Re: On the subject of Buells....

I recently sold mine, what a relief. I owned a 2000 X1 Lightning. I had read a lot of bad things about Buells before buying this one. But, I bought it for well below value, and thought things could not that bad, right?

Wrong. I could go on and on about the troubles I had with mine, but regardless, they are not reliable and run like crap. Oh, did I mention that the shifting is horrible and electrical problems seem to never go away. Admittedly, I have never owned or ridden anything made in Milwaukee, before I bought the Lightning. I have ridden Japanese machines my whole life and now I know why. Building a motorcycle that runs reliably, shifts well, starts when the start button is pushed, etc. is not like building a stealth bomber....really sad that something seems to happen with Buells somewhere between there conception in Erik Buell's mind and the actual machine.

H
Hector1 is offline   Reply With Quote