Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 10-16-2003, 11:48 AM   #51
ZRX_bullock
Founding Member

Default Re: Another Record?

Now that Harley Davidson has had its fun with its 100th year party and conned yet some more money off its aging customer base, itÂ’s time for a revolution to take place at the Motor Company. Its time for all the Harley Davidson customers to stand up and declare; "IÂ’m mad as hell and IÂ’m not going to take it anymore".

ItÂ’s time for all the Faithful to stand up and demand a motorcycle worthy of your allegiance to the Motor Company.

I have a dream that one day H-D will design a bike that has in excess of 100 HP at the real wheel.

I have a dream that one day H-D will have fully adjustable suspension, tubeless tires and dual front disk brakes as standard equipment.

I have a dream that one day H-D will design fuel injected water cooled V-Twins.

I have a dream that one day H-D will live up to Heroes of Harley and field a road race team that can actually win an AMA Super Bike race, leading 3 times in eight years is not enough.

I have a dream that one day H-D will enter a bike into the Super Sport class.

I have a dream that one day H-D will employ more Motorcycle Design Engineers then they do Attorneys for copy write protection.

I have a dream that one day H-D will introduce a motorcycle and not just another Harley Davidson.

If the Honda can progress from producing its first motorcycle in 1949 to the Motorcycles it produces today the Motor Company can produce motorcycles that all Americas can take proud in, yes I have that dream.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2003, 12:02 PM   #52
Eric
Founding Member

Default Re: Did you read it all????let me count the ways (leak/cracks) the Buell Firebolt suc

And yet the reviewer would consider owning one... Must not be all bad.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:24 PM   #53
KPaulCook
Banned

Default In Seattle Honda is king.

Biggest Dealer in the NW
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:39 PM   #54
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Full of Bullock

I have a dream that those that have never owned a Harley, yet pontificate on how Harley does it all wrong will finally wake up to reality. We buy and own Harleys because we like how they sound, look and appreciate their sound engineering. The day they start sounding and looking like generic, japanese, plastic chrome pieces of shiite is the day that Harley will crumble. Don't hold your breath squid bait.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:45 PM   #55
ZRX_bullock
Founding Member

Default plan of action

Plan of action for the new Harley Sport Bike Rider

A plan of action is needed to make this transformation work; every motorcycle community needs to pitch in to make this work.

The H-D Faithful need to hit the company where it hurts, in the pocket book. Boycott all officially licensed H-D merchandise; the stuffed dolls, dog toys, under wear, bandanas, shoes, jackets, belts, vests and yes even the t-shirts. Hold this boycott until H-D designs and builds Motorcycles worthy of your devotion.

The Sport bike community, I know itÂ’s been fun blowing by $20,000 shiny custom sleds, but really was it a challenge. Now you will have to mentor the Faithful in how to use all this new power and cornering ability they now posses, once the Motor Company produces a Sport bike, and no BuellÂ’s donÂ’t count as a Sport bike.

Old 10-16-2003, 01:17 PM   #56
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: plan of action

Why is it that Buells don't count as a sportbikes?

If that's the case then Ninjas, Katanas, Guzzis and Ducatis aircooled series aren't sportbikes either.

So, what does constitute a sportbike?
Old 10-16-2003, 01:28 PM   #57
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Why Buells are sport bikes

That cause Buells get their butts kicked by 600cc supersports. Once Buell can get to a sub 11 second quarter mile, run in some AMA races, get rid of the quirky handling then maybe we can call them sportbikes.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:31 PM   #58
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Why Buells are not sport bikes

should read are not sportbikes
Old 10-16-2003, 01:32 PM   #59
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Another Record? Buy a 57 Chevy and make me happy.

Don't be too hard on Cap. Sometimes its hard to resist. I've given in and read a couple of Kook's posts myself today, even though I swore never to again. There is a sort of macabre fascination in observing the ravings of the insane.

It's one of those basic human failings we all have. Like sitting in the theatre all the way through "Gigli" or "The Thin Red Line". You know it sucks real real bad, but somehow you are compelled to sit through the torture to see how it ends. It's the sort of sick compulsion that makes you stand and watch an infommercial with the guy with the question marks on his jacket, even though you know full well you are completely wasting your time.

It's like picking at a scab or worrying a sore tooth. It hurts, but you are compelled to do it anyhow.

Nobody's perfect.

Excuse me, I've got to get home and watch that ad for "Girls Gone Wild" again.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:41 PM   #60
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Another Record? Buy a 57 Chevy and make me happy.

To me it's more like watching "Jackass."
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote