Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 10-16-2003, 10:23 AM   #41
KPaulCook
Banned

Default It's can only be love

You guys seem to be following me this time. smouch smouch. I like how that picture of the cracked mount shut Suzy's mouth up. Buz never fights for very long must be the A.D.D. problem he has.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2003, 10:32 AM   #42
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Another Record?

I was being a bit sarcastic because that "prediction" has been floating around since I bought my first LowRider in '96 ($13,300 msrp) and sold it in 2001 (35,000 miles) for $12,500.

Haters gleefully wait for the "bubble to burst" while conveniently ignoring the fact has more than doubled production in the last 5 years.

Heck, I wish prices would come down. I'd have a couple more in my garage to keep the geezer glide and the duc company.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:34 AM   #43
seruzawa
The Toad

The old nasty Seruzawa would have made some comment about needing a moving target at the range for practice before Elk season.

The NewConvertedInoffensiveSeruzawa says that he won't compete with Buz for the dubious honor of keeping the Wooden Cowboy.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:38 AM   #44
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Midnight Rider! Was yours the distant thunder heard in the night?

I can just see you chasing KP around slapping him on his bald head like that old man.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:41 AM   #45
KPaulCook
Banned

Default You Rang???

Yes is still true that H-D days are numbered if they don't get more of the younger, minorities, and women to buy their product. Witness minority riders buying sportsbikes. Women buying small metric cruisers. By the way the newest, biggest dealer in Seattle is a Honda Dealer not Harley
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:44 AM   #46
pushrod
Founding Member

Default V-Roh-hoh-hod

So what happened to all the talk of another model getting the Waterhead engine?

It would seem the dressers would really benefit if they had that powerplant.

Maybe, by the time they had a fuel cell that held anything, the bike looked too much like a Boss Hoss.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:48 AM   #47
ikonoklass
Founding Member

The difference is simple: While all durable goods are products, not all products are durable goods. A software package that a company licenses or sells to another company to enable it to take orders over the Internet is a PRODUCT. But it is not a DURABLE GOOD. Get it? Many of the dotcoms sold products made by other people, while they themselves produced nothing, e.g., eBay. Just like H-D dealers and HDFS. Get it? I don't really think I can make it any simpler for you.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:55 AM   #48
dwc89
Founding Member

So having a fair number of 2003 models on the floor, discounted(sale priced), having to add the 2 year warranty to move them(that's the plan) and almost continuous ads in the papers to say " it's your last chance to own a piece of history" - means you are having a record quarter, or year.

Harleys on sale below MSRP, who would have thought. I'm in Canada and the sales are averaging $2000 - $4000 below MSRP. And the sales have been going since mid July.

They must sell lots of t-shirts
dwc89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 11:13 AM   #49
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Another Record? Buy a 57 Chevy and make me happy.

What kind of R&D are you talking about? The completely new engine HD came out with in 1998/99? The constant small, actually functional improvements they make every year?

You must forget that Japanese companies, with the exception of full-on sportbikes and full-on non-80-class MX bikes, don't do that much actual R&D, especially on new engines. Jesus, I mean look how long Honda's been making the XR and Shadow lines without any changes. Both of those lines have been unchanged far longer than any HD model.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:47 AM   #50
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Another Record? Buy a 57 Chevy and make me happy.

You realize the folly of actually responding to him don't you?

I thought you were a member of the ignore KP club.