Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 08-13-2003, 09:32 AM   #41
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh Yeah?

BTW, Why would you subtract the 13 years that AMF owned Harley? They produced plenty of bikes during that period.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2003, 09:33 AM   #42
Betamax
Founding Member

Default Re: This should be worth a good flame fest.

I've ridden a Sporty and I want my fillings back.
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:45 AM   #43
F451
Founding Member

Default Be BRAZEN H-D

From the looks of the new models it seems H-D is still holding dearly to the old styling that has meant so much success for H-D. I wish they would be more brazen as they were with the V-Rod (which in my neck of the woods is being associated as a ***** bike...too bad). I like the V-Rod and the breath of fresh air it provided H-D. Honda dropped the Rune on the scene and like it or not it is a brazen statement with its own following. H-D greatest success resides in ability to be customized and therefore one of the reasons for its staid models. I still love 'em, but I do wish H-D would pull-out more of its own stops. Maybe Erik Buell needs to be on the H-D styling team.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:55 AM   #44
lukam
Founding Member

I love coming to MO to read the Harley-bashers, I have never seen more pathetic crybabies than them in all of the places I have been to on the Internet. These guys have such peni$ envy for how Harley riders feel about them it is hilarious. Instead of concentrating on what and were they ride they cry and cry about Harley riders and technology, considering they really feel bad now since they seem to not be able to ride a bike that has some vibration, but rich soccer moms can ride them all the way across the country and not complain a bit. Boo Hoo that bike vibrates to much for me... geeze I never seen grown men act like babies..
lukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:57 AM   #45
vigorito
Founding Member

An "overpowerered" bike is one where you rev it up, drop the hammer and smash into the back of a dump truck resulting in death (True story, I'm sorry to say). I think it's interesting that nobody bothered to challenge me on "uncomfortable."
vigorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 10:15 AM   #46
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh Yeah?

Bonneville production from spares continued before and after Bloor bought Triumph.

Harley is no longer owned by Harley and Davidson, and no longer builds bikes in their shed. Same company? Yup.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 10:20 AM   #47
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Because.....

Some HD purists would tell you AMF's aren't "real" Harleys, just like V-rods aren't "real " Harleys, so I figured I'd throw it in there for fun

Personaly I'm glad they've been around for so long, and I hope they're around for another 100 years.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 10:21 AM   #48
schizuki
Founding Member

"An "overpowered" bike is one where you rev it up, drop the hammer and smash into the back of a dump truck resulting in death"

No, that's an overpowered RIDER.

"I think it's interesting that nobody bothered to challenge me on 'uncomfortable.'"

Because that makes sense. Many sportbikes ARE uncomfortable. Big deal. So's a Lamborghini. But no streetbike is "overpowered."

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 10:26 AM   #49
sqidbait
Founding Member

Ok. I'll bite. What's the 0-60 time for a 1200 sportster?

-- Michael

sqidbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 10:28 AM   #50
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re:Astro-glide

good one,

if you ride it to long you'd get Astroids.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote