Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Harley-Davidson News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/)
-   -   Case Filed Against Kosco Harley Davidson (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/198-case-filed-against-kosco-harley-davidson.html)

IceWorm 12-19-2000 03:29 AM

Re: Case Filed Against Kosco Harley Davidson

I agree. Remar is a real smart guy but are motorcycle dealers all that much like car dealers? Remar knows alot about how to negotiate car prices. I don't think there is much negotiation going on at Harley dealers other than how much are they gonna squeeze your balls before you agree to buy!

turnandburn 12-19-2000 06:58 AM

Nowhere in the MO story does it say this guy tought he was getting a new bike. The only thing the story says is he became the new registered owner of a motorcycle what ever the 5hit that means.

turnandburn 12-19-2000 07:17 AM

Yes, exactly my point. This is really a stupid story. It is like MO could not have made the point of all this more obscure if they had tried. The only thing that is clear is that the bike was not insured for one month. That is not the focus of the law suit and surely not why MO posted the story to begin with. Just a dumb story if you ask me.

Geoff 12-19-2000 08:11 AM

Martorella Should Sue H-D!

Martorella has every right to sue. And if he wins he should buy himself a new H-D from someone other than Kosco. This dealer dropped the ball. If I had to guess, I'd say high consumer demand for the marque has made them complacent order takers. Some in this thread say this matter was an "honest mistake". Perhaps so. But consider this: what if surgeons or airline pilots made "honest mistakes"?

turnandburn 12-19-2000 09:12 AM

Re: Martorella Should Sue H-D!

If there was a mistake here honest or not, what do you think it was? You sure can't tell form the story.

caderider 12-20-2000 06:37 AM

Proving the rule:

1) Harly riders = 'bikers'

2) Sportbike riders = 'racers'

3) Full Dresser riders = Old Farts

Well, Seeing as I am 28, quite overweight and love motorcycling, and also ride a full dresser, does that make me an old fart? Guess that proves the rule. Gotta love them exceptions! :)

caderider 12-20-2000 01:04 PM

Ohh yes, the standards... very difficult to think of a category...

Standard = 'non-biker, non-racer, non-old fart' LOL

2-Wheeled Truck? I love it! That's me! Heavy and slow, loving every mile.

Again, exaggerations rule! :)

rsylvstr 12-20-2000 05:42 PM

you ride most of the year? and you live in VT? give me some pointers 'cause I live in NY and had to put her away for the winter the other day.

M 12-21-2000 06:33 AM

Nice!

Dewie 12-28-2000 05:48 AM

Next guy that calls me a RUB,(or an ass), I'm calling my lawyer!