Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 07-15-2003, 12:50 PM   #11
Mooner
Founding Member

Default Re: Check out this bike!

Uhhh, she's hot....What bike was that? Oooohhh, the green one. A custom Harley Davidson V-Rod! Who would have thunk it. Personally, I like Brunettes better.
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2003, 02:22 AM   #12
dominatr37
Founding Member

There's a bike in that picture?
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 03:31 AM   #13
julian
Founding Member

At 1.5 GB pounds per entry ( = $2.38 US ), they should make some pretty good money......wonder if anyone will actually recieve the bike?

An old cynic
julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 03:51 AM   #14
Alaskan18724
Founding Member

Ugly bike. Useless bike. In stock form, the V-Rod has something if you're into the stripped and polished look, but this one's just ridiculous. The visual aid appears exceptionally adequate as a kickstand.
Alaskan18724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 12:52 PM   #15
maxriderdon
Founding Member

If all Porche did is provide a little guidance that's one thing but that's not the way it came across to me on the Discovery (Harley Advertising Channel). After watching the Discovery channel you would think that creating a few curves in a pipe would be difficult for NASA and only Harley could pull something like that chassis off. Paleeze...

Harley is great at using supply and demand tatics to keep their prices artificialy high and people get suckered right in due to peer pressure. It's my choice so yeah I think having someone make your motor for your bike when it's a cruiser is lame, real lame.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:01 PM   #16
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well you've had no problem pulling off narrow-minded idiot tactics.

There's no such thing as supply and demand "tactics" brainiac. And it is duly noted how you qualified your statement, "having someone make your motor WHEN IT'S A CRUISER," conviently excludes sportbike manufacturers (Aprilia, et al) who get motors from other sources.

Go back to school.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 07:53 AM   #17
maxriderdon
Founding Member

"There's no such thing as supply and demand "tactics" brainiac" Ah! So maybe you can explain why Harley owners tell me they are on a waiting list for months? Are they lying? Oh maybe Harley just does not want to sell more bikes? Are they just too stupid to make more? Marketing stupid Harley is not!

Answer this. Why would someone pay close to full new price on a bike that is over a year old and w/o any warranty. They don't want to wait so they overpay for a used one, another sign of...dumb

See that keeps resale artificialy high. Dis ain't rocket science here bud, something tells me you never even went to school.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:47 PM   #18
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'll type slowly so you can understand me ok.

I bought a new Low Rider in 96. That year H-D made 110,000 motorcycles. This year H-D will make 290,000 motorcycles. That's almost triple math whiz.

Considering I haven't financed any of my motorcycle purchases may prove that I've had far more schooling than you.

Now go crawl back under that rock from whence you came.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:08 PM   #19
maxriderdon
Founding Member

All U have spewed is that Harley makes a lot more now than back in 96, and that's great.

You did not answer:

Why would someone pay close to full new price on a bike that is over a year old and w/o any warranty. They don't want to wait so they overpay for a used one, another sign of...dumb

See that keeps resale artificialy high. Why would someone have to wait months for their very own coveted Harley.

Now let me type slow for you. It's...called...supply... and...demand.

Your bragging about your 96 slow ride being paid for makes me laugh!

My bikes, were paid for in full the day I rode them home. I can afford a Harley...paid for with cash. Whoopie!!! But when I hand over my money I expect something of real value in return, not a name, real product. Of course I bought almost new, low miles, all around better bikes than any slow ride you will ever own, and got them for a steal. Your too busy worring about your image while I am just having fun. Just love it when 1 of those loud Harleys passes me and revs their pipes and then realizes they just challenged the max. The look on their face. Now that's priceless.
Old 07-19-2003, 04:34 AM   #20
Buzglyd
Founding Member

No, you claimed H-D was using supply and demand "tactict." I pointed out the factory is churning out every bike they can possibly make at the moment. Demand is outstripping supply. You don't the the Big 4 would love to have that problem?

I'm glad you like your Max. It's a great bike for sure. Why are you so pissed that other people are enjoying life in a different way?

Oh and that Low Rider? I bought it for $13,300, rode it for 5 years/35,000 miles, sold it for $12,500. Tell me how I stupidly got ripped off again?