Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Harley-Davidson News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/)
-   -   Harley Warranty Extensions (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/1897-harley-warranty-extensions.html)

maxriderdon 06-03-2003 07:17 AM

Re: Harley Warranty Extensions

Wow! Take a chill pill! That said, ok so maybe the real rider gets 11 months up north of riding. Would you spend 20+K on an automobile and bend over as they tell you you only get 1 yr. warranty??? All bikes should come with at least 3yrs. If you have always been screwed I guess some just keep asking for it and thank that's normal. Like I said HD mgt. gotta love them folks.

Hadji 06-03-2003 07:26 AM

Your on the mark!

Yup! Loved the original cartoon when I was growing up. Started playing rugby in my mid-twenties and almost got nicknamed Johnny Quest, but I tan well.....And one of my drunken mates shouted. "Wait!...He's dark! Let's call him Hadji!" And the rest is history.

rsheidler 06-03-2003 07:44 AM

Intelligent Discourse?

God, I love to hear such a well-articulated, logical arguement!

Bob

KPaulCook 06-03-2003 10:20 AM

Re: Sgt. Buzglyd

Most of them are not made in Japan these days. Japanese labor too expensive. More like Malysia or the Phillipines. Check it out.

KPaulCook 06-03-2003 10:27 AM

They are using more ATVs now. Easier training and they can haul more stuff on em. Also ATVs are a more stable firing platform.

KPaulCook 06-03-2003 10:28 AM

Re: Intelligent Discourse?

I second that. That guy went postal pretty quick.

KPaulCook 06-03-2003 10:35 AM

Defending Harley

Yes the Harley folks are great at PR but that is part of business i.e its part of the game. I agree having a 12 month warranty on a 20 grand bike seems light but hey customers are not demanding longer warranties. Plus the competition isn't going to longer warrantees. But it is hardly free for Harley to do this. Harleys PR people should be applauded for this excellent idea. Hey America is still a capitalistic free market country. So more power to them if it makes money for them in the long run. This is example of long term thinking by Harley. Short term thinking so prevalent in corporate America would say don't extend the warranty.

mcjunkie 06-03-2003 11:18 AM

Re: Honesty, the best policy.

**Do you know Bruce Banner and Johnny Quest?**

You mean Race Bannon..

Race Bannon was Dr. Quests lackey. Bruce Banner is aka. The Incredible Hulk.
C'mon guys get it straight..

hgulledge 06-03-2003 11:49 AM

Good on Harley for doing the right thing by our service vets in DSII. Their bad for doing nothing to improve their ridiculous 12 month warranty to begin with. Notice the blitz of ads for the "100th anniversary limited edition" models? Bet they are piling up somewhere. Sell your Harley stock whilst you can.

rsheidler 06-03-2003 11:50 AM

Re: Defending Harley

I don't understand why some guys (who, I am sure, are not interested in buying Harleys in any case) want to use this as an occasion to rag on Harley over its normal warrantee period.

Regardless of what kind of warrantee Harley "SHOULD" have, the fact is that they chose to extend this for the time owners were away at war. Doesn't matter if the original warrantee was 6 months or 6 years, this is something they did not have to do, but which seems like the right thing to do. Yeah, it is good PR, and it probably is good business -- so what? In the long run one would hope that doing the right thing would be good for business.