Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 06-03-2003, 02:55 AM   #11
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: Honesty, the best policy.

Do you know Bruce Banner and Johnny Quest?
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2003, 03:05 AM   #12
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: Harley Warranty Extensions

I'd sure like the military to use more motorcycles like they did in WW II. I did see they were using some kind of trail bikes in this latest Muslim pounding. Harley had a MT 500, a few of which I have seen at dealers but not lately. It was a Canadian made bike that the British or at least the Canadian military used but some how Harley ended up owning the company. Truth. The editor of American Iron wrote about one that he owns. You can find them for sale on the internet if you use Google. Comes with a rifle scabbard. Olive drab. Rotax engine.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:10 AM   #13
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Sgt. Buzglyd

I have never been in any active branch of any military, however I just received a notice in the mail that my warranty is being extended three extra months.

H-D must have confused my armchaps with genuine military gear.

I'm still stuck in Western MA and would like to get home to try out my newly-replaced cd player (the old one would skip badly after about an hour of playing time).

Hey KP? Where do you suppose those cd players are made? HA!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 03:33 AM   #14
SmokeU
Registered Member

The Marines use diesel powered KLR 650's. They are a little less powerful, but have gobs of torque way low in the rev range and are just about silent. They use them on recon missions and the like.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:49 AM   #15
mjs
Founding Member

More H-D free advertising...when it comes to PR and hype, H-D is indeed the "greatest".

Just another example of companies waving the flag in search of profits.

Realisticly, it's absurd that a $20,000+ H-D only comes with a 12 month warranty which actually translates to about 8 months of riding if you live in the northern states.

mjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 05:18 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"More H-D free advertising...when it comes to PR and hype, H-D is indeed the "greatest"."

Actually, any warranty claims will cost them money they wouldn't otherwise have spent. Hardly "free". PR and hype is what was in your post. A warranty extension for our troops was what H-D did. What did you do for em?

"Just another example of companies waving the flag in search of profits."

How is extending a warranty for our troops "searching for profits"? Why would doing this be considered "flag waving"? Are you a moron in real life, or do you just play one on MO?

"Realisticly, it's absurd that a $20,000+ H-D only comes with a 12 month warranty which actually translates to about 8 months of riding if you live in the northern states."

I live in a northern state and ride a hell of a lot longer than 8 months. Maybe you got real riders confused with a poser like you. If you don't like Harleys DON'T BUY ONE, and until you do even one damn thing for anybody but yourself, quit bashing those that do. Simple isn't it?

Reprinted for the terminally stupid:

"What makes people great is, there isn't a deed in the world that somebody can't shiit on."

Modified at the request of electraglider

Old 06-03-2003, 05:38 AM   #17
mjs
Founding Member

listen you moronic ******* ..... you don't have a clue.....

take your hardley and drive it up your ass you freekin moron hardly arm chap flappin poser !!!

mjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 06:09 AM   #18
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Thanks for the info. It seems that I have read something about these diesel powered bikes.
Old 06-03-2003, 06:15 AM   #19
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

LOL! God bless the ignorant for they move through life absolutely positive they are right while being painfully obvious to the rest of the world how little they really know.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 07:06 AM   #20
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Sorry could not help myself. It continues to amaze me at the abuse you guys take from HD and continue to support them because of a name. It's like you can't convince some people that AOL is second rate Internet Service Provider at an inflated price. Upper mgt. at HD just love you guys like AOL and Amway. Wonder how much of a HD bike price goes to the Discovery channel.