Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 05-21-2003, 06:36 AM   #31
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley noise article

Oh, by the way. No one farted.....That's just the natual smell of an old, open-piped harley.
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2003, 06:50 AM   #32
gooseman_1
Founding Member

The best (only good?) part of the article is when the guy says:

"My ol' lady didn't hear me coming from a few blocks away, which confused and pissed her off. She likes having that early warning system."

LMFAO

If she's confused that easily I think I know why she prefers 'the early warning system': She knows when to have the guy next door sneak back to his trailer real quick-like.
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 08:16 AM   #33
Tigercub
Founding Member

Nice to hear there are others like me - I thought I was the only one.

The other part I love about owning my Electraglide with 71,000 miles on it is the satisfaction I'll have rebuilding the engine myself.

My other daily ride is a Hinckley Triumph. But, with that bike I'm like the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz as he sails away from Dorothy who's left on the launch pad holding Toto and screaming for him to come back. "I don't know how it works!"
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 06:22 PM   #34
v4bryan
Registered Member

"While I don't think the article means to sound that way, it's more sour grapes from someone who doesn't understand a Harley's attraction, and therefore can't grasp H-D's success. There's nothing uglier than jealousy. "

Oh, puhleeeze. Why is it that whenever one of the HD faithful percieves an insult to their bikes, whether real or imagined, they shriek "you're jealous of me!" as if to convince themselves that they didn't get taken in by a Milwaukee con artist?

And for those of you (The Few) who actually know who to ride AND have chosen to ride Harleys, I salute you. You must cringe every time you see some trendy RUB throw a leg over a brand new Deuce and wobble out into traffic for the four minute ride to the next bar. you few are being tarred with the same arm chap-wearing brush as the posers who bought their bikes because it was simply another prop for the "biker" costume.

Anybody heard from the Highwayman lately?
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 06:20 AM   #35
rockstar
Founding Member

it always comes down to the penile thing..who cares..i'm your average size guy with a very proper wife who's first comment when i brought her to look at the heritage i was considering was "doesn't even sound like a harley"..so, i explained that was easily corrected...screamin eagle 2's...now it sounds like a harley..but not obnoxious...i'm not interested in testing the traction limits of my tires..or doing quarter mile wheelies down congested two lane roads..just a different reason for riding..one could argue nobody on a public road where speed limits average 55 mph needs 150hp 400lb tech wonders which 90% of the people owning them have no business being on....but hey just different reasons to ride....it always amazing how everyone feels the need to take sides and call names just because they have a problem, some of these posts make you wonder...bottom line is the extremes of any behavior can be obnoxious and dangerous...and often are....
rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 11:07 AM   #36
rockstar
Founding Member

Ya gotta love it when a 88 cubic inch, 700+ pound motorcycle is characterized as quaint. i wonder what that means for all those unashamed Japanize wannabes that try to out harley a harley, hoping their cheaper clones will strike a chord, yet continually miss the point.....it takes one look at the ads in non-harley bike mags to chuckle at their obvious knockoffs of heritages and fatboys. I rode and own a non-harley v-twin along with my heritage...not even in the same league...yes, I at least admit it...I Love My Harley...it rides better, it looks better, it feels better and yesss it sounds better, it out cruisers the other cruisers...and darn, what is someone supposed to wear when out cruising so as to not be a "harley guy".....khakis and loafers maybe with an izod and sweater tied around his neck.....sorry, but its just as much about the show as the go...always has been.... i feel secure enough to admit it....people can't help but wanna talk to you,give you the thumbs up, just smile ...i sense more comradarie then resentment....i guess i'm just more secure
rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 06:05 PM   #37
eekadog
Founding Member

khakis and loafers maybe with an izod and sweater tied around his neck...might not be too far off with those age and income averages of 45 years old/80k a year for harley owners...but whatever floats your boat is cool

i ride my harley and my honda with an hjc helmet and a joe rocket jacket
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote