Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 05-20-2003, 03:06 PM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Harley noise article

Don't forget the sportbikers fer crissakes. They're every bit as bad with their open collectors. You should hear the road that's 1/2 mile away from my house across an open field. Between cruisers and 4into1s in the summer sometimes we get wakened at 2AM because of these clowns.

They all suck, no matter what their ride.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2003, 03:21 PM   #22
kwayne_406
Founding Member

Some Harley's sound good with open pipes, if it sounds nice and healthy, I like it. As for the sportbikes, no they're nowhere near as loud as harleys unless your riding with no silencer at all, or ringin the crap out of it at about 12K rpm. Yes, Harley's have come along way the past 20 years, but so have the other motorcycle companies so they're still quite a few years behind on the technology, don't say anything about the V-Rod, remember who it was designed by, Porsche. Just so you know, i ride sportbikes AND cruisers, and planning on building a Harley.
kwayne_406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 04:07 PM   #23
Mooner
Founding Member

I think the loud pipe thing kind of goes along with the p*ss on Ford, Chevy, etc. He whom has the loudest pipes, has the smallest penis and reddest neck! Hmm, Maybe I should switch the stock pipes on my VFR! Nah, I'd rather people didn't know that kind of private information.
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 04:29 PM   #24
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Yes, I agree completely. We only have to look as far as the car stereo laws in most areas to see what happens when people get mad enough to take action against obnoxious noise.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:20 PM   #25
john
Founding Member

very true.......sportbikers are just as annoying.....although (and i think i remember you as having both kinda bikes?) sportbikes are a little easier to keep quiet with an exhaust than a harley is......i know harleys are loud at idle, and just get louder....whereas most inline 4's are not as loud until 5 or 6 thousand rpm.....

so sportbikers have no excuse, they are loud cuz their riders are retards
Old 05-20-2003, 06:48 PM   #26
sarnali
Founding Member

I don't have a problem with a "little" louder than stock on HD's or sportbikes, though I personnaly like quiet bikes. What annoys me is open drag pipes or race cans on street bikes. Unless you re-jet or run in the upper quarter of the RPM range it's not going to do any good, so why bother?. The problem as I see it is the eardrums you blast trying to be cool may well belong to someone in a position to f**k us over the next time anti-bike proposals or legislation roles around. I don't want my right to ride infringed upon because you have to be a noisey sod
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 10:40 PM   #27
bp1108
Registered Member

I live across the street from the local HD shop. When I first moved in I thought it will be sweet to have my own daily bike show, being the MOron I am. Now, after a year, I still dig seeing the daily parade of cruisers but I'm SICK of hearing them. Loud pipes don't save lives, good riding does.
bp1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 04:06 AM   #28
ImprezaRS
Founding Member

that and proper gear!
Old 05-21-2003, 05:41 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

I like all kinds of bikes. And I dislike all jerks, no matter what they ride. Japcrap hating Harley posers, cruiser hating sportbike mafioso, all these clowns who make up for their feelings of inferiority by trying to put others down.... I ain't got time for that crap.

Life's too short. Just smile and ride.

Old 05-21-2003, 06:33 AM   #30
gooseman_1
Founding Member

This from a guy whos handle is"who farted"; or would be, if he didn't miss the E and hit the 3 (very close on the 'ol keybord y'know).
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote